PDA

View Full Version : Rotogrip Delivers the Riot

tonybowler
04-07-2010, 11:34 PM
The Riot delivers a lot of ball for the dollar. For me, on the back ends it out hooks anything in the Rotogrip line. The 2000 abralon surface handles medium to heavy oil with ease. I really like how the shell maintains the dull look even after several games. It does not get the polished up look. With the 2000 surface you would think that it is difficult to get the ball down the lane, just the opposite, it saves most of its energy for the mid-lane and beyond. I have it drilled with a 4.5” pin just below the fingers and the CG kicked out 50 degrees and a weight hole about 2” below my PAP. This drilling pattern has a lot of flare for me. My flare spacing is about 5/16 between the rings of oil on the ball. This ball is a pleasant surprise from Rotogrip, great performance for a very small price. :)

Tony Szeluga
Rotogrip Staff Member

trizzypballr
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I normally start off rolling my nomad, which I took down to 1000 grit. I had to lower the grit because I was leaving a TON of 7 and 8 pins with box finish (1500) It seems like usually in the 2nd or 3rd game the back end gets to aggressive for me. Seems like no matter where I move I cannot seem to roll it so that it doesnt jump and go high into the pocket. I also have a saturn, but it doesnt hook as much as I would like. I am looking for something that will roll the 2nd and 3rd games like the nomad does for me the first game. Is the Riot the ball I am looking for? Stock coverstock or change it?