PDA

View Full Version : Whats the weather like where you are?

The KingPin
09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Here in Colorado, its about 50 degrees at 7 am, 80 during the day.

What about you?

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
here in phoenix were gonna have a high of 97

Baroncad
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Here in Colorado, its about 50 degrees at 7 am, 80 during the day.

What about you?

Houston in Sept. is hot and humid during the day, cools off to low 70's at night.

Right now, the whole area is gearing up for Hurricane IKE. Which means that I-10 will become a parking lot tonight. Oh, well hopefully things aren't going to be that bad as the NHC predicts, a Category 4 storm when it hits the Texas coast Sat. morning.

Well that's my local weather back to you......

onefrombills
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
well right night we have 40-50 mph winds andf thunder and lightlin

kev3inp
09-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Mostly cloudy, a little breezy for a change, high in the low 90's and, for some reason, lower humidity than normal.

Baroncad
09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Howdy people, (and yes, I survived Ike-put away the party hats :p)

Yesterday was a wee-bit blustery, it started about 1 p.m. with a descent wind that progressively got worse. At about 3 a.m. it topped out at 75 mph and didn't stop 'til about 12 noon, rain was not too terrible I estimate my area got 4-5 inches of rain.

We lost power at about 3:30 this morning, and got it back at 7:45 p.m., which is a lot sooner than some other people, especially the residents of Galveston and the Woodlands (it's about 15 miles north of Houston) they are not suppose to get power back for 14 days (I can't believe that, but if a transformer station was wipe out, who knows?)

My back fence (about 55 ft.) all collapsed, but I figured that it would fall-all but one post was rotten. So I get to replace all my posts tomorrow and try to salvage my fence sections (yeah, it might be a lost cause). The majority of my neighbors had minor damage to either trees, fences, tree limbs and minor debris. No houses or cars were destroyed, thank goodness.

On a more serious and somber note, after talking to my friend and co-worker, I found out that our office building has a 45 ft. gaping hole in the roof over the atrium. No work for Paddy for a few days (I know, hold back the tears, simply catastrophic :rolleyes:) The guy that manages all our Business Parks and Office building says that the City of Houston bldg. inspections dept. has to survey the bldg. for any structural damage other than the gaping hole.

Well I'll talk to you all later,
Paddy

kev3inp
09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Glad that you made it through OK.

When we went through Wilma it was an experience. A tree fell on my car and the car was totally under it when we went out during the passage of the eye. After the wind started up again it was blowing in a different direction and partially uncovered the car, so I was able to get in and drive it from underneath.

Hurricanes aren't fun. Reporters are the ones that should get hurt. We saw Horrendo Revolver on tv yesterday. Now there's a waste of skin.

kev3inp
09-16-2008, 05:52 PM
What is up with this guy? :mad:

onefrombills
09-16-2008, 06:48 PM
What is up with this guy? :mad:

He gone !!!!!

Baroncad
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
He gone !!!!!

Nope, just helping out around here.

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you all, but I have had more important things to do than get back on here.

My office bldg is FUBAR'ed, after Ike ripped a 45'x30' hole in our roof we also had a rain storm Sat. night dump 4 more inches into the building. My office which is 150' from the damaged roof had 2 inches of standing water in it. Everything is very soggy and smelly, but we are re-opening tomorrow.

Several areas around me are slowly getting back to normal, but Galveston and surrounding areas are pretty much wipe out.

Thankfully everybody I know made it through the storm and aftermath. Service stations are slowly getting fuel deliveries to help people without power keep their generators running. Grocery and home improvement stores have been open since Sunday.

This storm has reeked havoc on a lot of people and not just on the gulf coast.

If anyone has anything to donate contact:
The Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org)
Aidmatrix (http://www.aidmatrix.org) puts you in contact with people who are in need of whatever (clothes, babystuff, food, beds, etc.)

Well, just wanted to give everyone update.
Paddy

onefrombills
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
He gone !!!!!

this was for a spammer the I had gotten rid of ...not you :)

Baroncad
09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
this was for a spammer the I had gotten rid of ...not you :)

Oh!!! I thought you were making fun of me for not being on, SO SORRY. ;)

Well, not much happening at work sitting around with my thumb...... waiting for the cleaning crew to remove all the carpet and 2 ft. of the walls in the building. I was so generously nominated for this honor to supervise the clean-up operation. :eek:

Boss went fishing in Alaska and brought back 25 lbs. of Halibut which he stored in the freezer and naturally spoiled in the 4 days the building had no power. So now I have Soggy, smelly carpet and rotten fish odors throughout my office space. I need a vacation, real bad :mad:

See ya,
Paddy

kakcpa
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Forecast For Detroit, Mi
1140 Am Edt Wed Sep 17 2008

.This Afternoon...Mostly Sunny Early...Then Becoming Partly Sunny. A
Slight Chance Of Showers And Thunderstorms After 2 Pm. Highs 76 To
80. Southwest Winds 5 To 15 Mph...Turning To Northwest Late. Chance
Of Rain 20 Percent.
.Tonight...Gradual Clearing. Lows 51 To 55. North Winds 5 To 15
Mph...Turning To Northeast.
.Thursday...Mostly Sunny. Highs 67 To 71. Northeast Winds 5 To 10
Mph...Turning To East Late.
.Thursday Night...Clear. Lows 46 To 50. East Winds 5 To 10
Mph...Becoming Light And Variable.
.Friday...Mostly Sunny. Highs 70 To 74. Light And Variable Winds.
.Friday Night...Clear. Lows 49 To 53.
.Saturday...Mostly Sunny. Highs 76 To 80.
.Saturday Night...Partly Cloudy. A Slight Chance Of Showers And
Thunderstorms. Lows 55 To 59. Chance Of Rain 20 Percent.
.Sunday...Partly Sunny. A Slight Chance Of Showers And
Thunderstorms. Highs 73 To 77. Chance Of Rain 20 Percent.
.Sunday Night...Partly Cloudy During The Evening. Mostly Clear
Overnight. Lows 55 To 59.
.Monday...Mostly Sunny. Highs 73 To 77.
.Monday Night...Mostly Clear. Lows 54 To 58.
.Tuesday...Mostly Sunny. Highs 73 To 77.

Anni1
09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Today is September 21st and here in Michigan the weather is sunny and cool.... I think this may be the beginning of our Indian Summer.

I wouldn't complain.

onefrombills
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Today is September 21st and here in Michigan the weather is sunny and cool.... I think this may be the beginning of our Indian Summer.

I wouldn't complain.

Indian Summer ....whats that ???

Im in Arizona where we have 2 seasons.....DAY & NIGHT

Trex
08-04-2011, 12:40 AM
101 degrees..... grrrrrr

Tenkei
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
97 degrees and extremely humid! Hate Georgia weather.

comfortably numb
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
93 degrees and extremely humid as well here in east central Florida...dog days of summer last the entire month of August, and same temps and humidity went until NOVEMBER last year, hope not this year! LOL

Tenkei
08-13-2011, 03:53 AM
I would kill myself if it was that hot and humid until November. I'm such a winter guy lol

Brad Pierce
08-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Phoenix AZ. We have one 3 temperatures. Hot, Hotter, and Why am I still here?