04-18-2010, 02:12 AM
what kind of oil do bowling alleys use?

owlish
04-18-2010, 03:13 AM
mineral oil

bowl1820
04-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Here's a link about lane conditioners:

10 Things That Everyone Should Know About Lane Conditioners (http://www.kegel.net/library/foArticles.asp?iKodYazi=6)

Here's a excerpt:
High Performance conditioners are becoming more popular and necessary in centers now to help combat the aggressive bowling balls. The ultimate goal of these products is to minimize change in ball reaction and maximize application consistency. The percentage of mineral oil can be as low as 75% in some formulas with the total number of components reaching the 14-16 range. These new components or additives (which we will explain later) are items such as friction modifiers and lubricity agents.

Jord_84
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
My house uses a high-viscosity oil called simpro. High-viscosity means less carry down and the lanes don't dry out very fast.

DanielMareina
04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
My house uses a high-viscosity oil called simpro. High-viscosity means less carry down and the lanes don't dry out very fast.

What company makes Simpro? That isn't lane concepts oil is it?

truthseer
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
A very instructive piece concerning the lane conditioner. At one time during the start of league play, of which I am of a member, the center's manager politly asked if our league would move from one side of the house towards more of the center to accomdate a tournament that was being held. As a league we all voted on not moving. After reading this piece on the conditioners, and how temperature affects the oil, I now understand the request of the tournament officials. The area that the tournament was to be held was at the main door of the center. Go figure.

onefrombills
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Can I chime in with veg oil

owlish
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Can I chime in with veg oil

vegetable oil? does that work too?