PDA

View Full Version : USBC Nationals Should it be tough or easy?

bowl1820
04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
USBC Nationals Should it be tough or easy?

I was reading a post in another forum where they said:

what is wrong with making it a little easier for people to score and have more fun while doing it.

What do you think? You want a easier tournament? tougher?

Stormed1
04-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I think that the National tournament should be tougher than a house shot. It needs to be where you have to be a" bowler" not a"thrower". To win the tournamentof that magnitude you should have to "earn" it. I don't mean make it brutal as far as being tough , but harder than stand left, throw right and bounce it off the bumper.

DanielMareina
04-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Nationals is perfect. It is just hard enough that the average person doesn't do well, but easy enough that you can find something that works. I used to bowl terrible at nationals every year, due to partying too much during that weekend, coming from wood lanes in a 16 lane center, and poor spare shooting. Now I bowl better, and I look forward to it every single year. Last year I shot a 706 during team event and got a couple strikes from having my name announced in the meeting every year for the rest of my life in the third game. It was awesome! I don't want to have to be a pro to do well, but I don't want crappy bowlers winning because the shot was so easy that anyone could win.

JAnderson
07-17-2010, 11:51 AM
According to US Bowler magazine, historically only 2 1/2% of the entrants to the national event score 1800 or higher. That's awesome.

The other thing that is often missed regarding the nationals pattern - the pattern does not shut anyone out. Low rev bowlers can line up as well as high rev bowlers. Same goes with left side and right side.