PDA

View Full Version : Ball recommendation between these

Evilash71
04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Looking at Mutant Cell, Invasion, Jigsaw, or Jigsaw Corner.
Want to add an asymmetrical ball to my arsenal. I prefer an arcing ball but can handle the others. Any thoughts on these three or four balls and opinions? Or things I should be aware of?

Strike Domination
04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Go for the Mutant Cell, that's what I'd do most likely.

DanielMareina
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Mutant Cell is a great ball! Very powerful through the pins.

Invasion is the best ball of that list. It is easy to adjust with because of it's mid lane read. It makes one move at the mid lane, and then still has tons of power to make another move at the breakpoint and hit the pins like a mac truck.

Although Hammer has done a great job in the past, I am not impressed with the jigsaw. It reacts alright, but it seems to deflect if you bowl on anything less than heavy oil. If you want a tournament ball, then this one may be worth considering.

I haven't seen a jigsaw corner in person yet. I would look online and just remember that the bowlers show you their best shots. Unfortunately, there isn't a ball that strikes every time like they make it look like.

Just as a suggestion, I own a reign of fire also. I love my Invasion, but for $70 less you can get a Reign of fire. It is a great ball, plenty of reaction, and the CAM core is AWESOME! I own the Reign and Reign of Fire and can't say enough good things about both of those balls. The Reign of Fire has a lot of forgiveness on missing your mark that the Invasion doesn't have quite as much of. I am going to nationals this weekend. Out of the 13 balls I own, the balls in my bags are the Invasion, Reign of Fire, Reign, Spare ball. Just so you know that I stand behind what I am saying.

Stormed1
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
For my personal opinion I would go with the Mutant as it is very versatile. However just to throw a monkey wrench in things you might also consider the AMF Clutch at less money than any of those mentioned. As far as an arcing ball your driller can calm down the rate at which the ball responds to friction by using larger angles to the VAL

Chow-Chow
05-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I would go for the Invasion. Two of my family members have them, with different drills. The ball has a big arch motion. I have a Mutant Cell. It's a good ball, but IMO the Invasion is just slightly more high tech, because it's newer etc.

URETHANEKID
05-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Mutant Cell, Normaly I like to stick to my Columbia roots but the mutant hits harder than any other ball on the market

The Mayor
05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
The Invasion and the Jigsaw are the two smoothest, arching balls on your list. However, the Jigsaw hits like what it looks like - a marshmallow, and the Invasion is a monster. If you want something with a little more angularity the Mutant Cell is awesome. Also, Roto is getting set to release the Mutant Cell Pearl, which will be an absolute backend monster!

mrbill
05-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not an expert but My Jigsaw Hits so hard and changes from skid to flip on the Back End, that I had to put heavy polish on it just to keep it from reacting early.
It's best to go with somthing a little toned down like the other balls posted.
I use my jig for extreem heavey oil Only.
Good luck picking a ball, there all good......

crzysnake137
05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Mutant cell or invasion, i absolutley hated my jigsaw, it just hit like whiskey basin said, like a marshmallow