PDA

View Full Version : strange games

stretchmike2005
05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but i found it a bit strange that i can have a game where i cannot seem to hit my mark at all but make my spares and get a few brooklyn strikes for a 223 game. I then go and have a game where i hit my mark almost on auto pilot and hit the pocket constantly and barely scrape a 170ish game. So which would you prefer? :confused:

Strike Domination
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I feel a little better hitting my mark, whether I strike or not, as opposed to missing every where and getting the breaks. In other words, hitting your mark to me is a sign that you know what you're doing. Although breaks are nice, I'd rather be that person than the one who gets by on luck more often.

owlish
05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I agree with Strike Domination. I'd rather hit my mark every time, or even throw a good shot with no breaks. Plus I'd rather have no strikes and get all my spares, for right now anyway.

mdmjdm
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
There is no such thing as luck in bowling...you make your own luck, and things even out over time. Execute, and good things will happen.

I would much rather bowl well and score poorly than bowl poorly and score well. Earlier this year, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but I must have had all the elements perfect for the shot that night....ball selection, turn, speed, mark (generally speaking that night, I was hitting anywhere from 12 to 8...lol). Shot 190, 300, 257 with...maybe...5 or 6 shots all night that I was truly happy with. All the others I just considered payback for the ringing 10's and stone 8's :)

JAnderson
05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
In other words, hitting your mark to me is a sign that you know what you're doing.

Going to pick on you a little bit SD. If your mark is, say the middle arrow, you can hit your mark and have the ball end up in the right gutter. You can also hit your mark and end up in the left gutter.

There is no such thing as luck in bowling

I would agree with that if there were no bad racks in bowling ;) Things do even out over time. Bowlers who put the ball in the pocket shot after shot often seem to get "lucky" breaks. They're creating their own good luck.

Strike Domination
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Point taken Jay. What I was getting at, if it makes a difference, is about the physical game of the bowler. Hitting their mark(especially consistently) tells me that you have a good physical game(for that person anyways). Your post seems to imply not being lined up, so while you got me there I didn't really mean "know what you're doing" in that sense.

Am I still wrong?

JAnderson
05-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Hitting your mark is just one of a number of things to do consistently, but yes, you're correct. It's an indication of repeating shots :)