PDA

View Full Version : Oil Carry Down

cobrax1001
05-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I have recently started a new league which is on the first shift instead of my normal late second shift which had different oil conditions everytime obviously anyways the question I have is how to combat carry down... My first game was 240 something followed by scraps, he same area i had been using went to oil there was no break in the ball what so ever, I moved right until I was thowing almost straight at the pocket using the same stroke as before. There was little acion and left a narrow margin for error. I been using a down and in shot with a brunswick battle zone......i tried slowing it down on the original shot but lead to going through the nose so I dunno if I should change the shot, the ball, or what to do about this, it has been a reoccuring problem for me in multiple places and events. Any advice much appreciated....

BowlingObsessed
06-19-2010, 06:55 AM
start out with duller balls first with your normal ball speed and try to burn up a hook spot in practice then try to move to less agressive stuff as the night progresses. or you could reverse that and use a weaker ball to start off with then once you notice its starting to lose its drive go to something really scuffed up. but try different angles as well maby try to open up the lane more instead of going down and in

bigbowler76
06-19-2010, 08:26 AM
what seems to work for me is moving my feet back a few inches or a whole step to increase the amount of time the ball has on the lane, or the opposite by moving forward. This can help get aound the oil that gets moved around, as well as alter your entry angle on those nights where you are hitting the pocket but arent carrying the corner pins... Its worked for me where I bowl, pretty much with a 2 reactive ball arsenal + a plastic for spares.