PDA

View Full Version : I've scheduled my lesson

kev3inp
05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I was the winner of the Lucy Sandelin lesson for the 3-31 drawing on the Let's Go Bowling show. I've scheduled it for Sun the 13th of June. We'll come in Sat and leave Mon morning like we did for Di's lesson in Jan. Back to the Green Iguana Sat. night? We'll be staying at that Holiday Inn Express again.

Motiv Girl
05-12-2010, 02:53 PM
That's fantastic.Lucy is a great coach and a great person.You should have the whole
session video taped.I don't mean by Lucy either.You will be surprised what you will
learn taping the whole lesson.
Things that a coach goes over that was forgotten,or questions you ask and are answered.
Also different angles of shots that may be shots they have taken,these shots can be very
informative.Taping the whole session helps fill in the gaps.
Good Luck!

kev3inp
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you. She is really nice and a great coach. My wife won before and we drove up to Tampa in Jan for her lesson. I'm looking forward to it so I won't come in last (again) in the bragging rights tourney in Winston/Salem in July.

bowl1820
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I was the winner of the Lucy Sandelin lesson for the 3-31 drawing on the Let's Go Bowling show. I've scheduled it for Sun the 13th of June. We'll come in Sat and leave Mon morning like we did for Di's lesson in Jan. Back to the Green Iguana Sat. night? We'll be staying at that Holiday Inn Express again.

Back to the Green Iguana Sat. night? I'm up for it!! :D I don't know if sandie can come, just set a time.

kev3inp
05-14-2010, 10:47 AM
We've been trying to get a hold of Gary, but so far he hasn't replied. They may have started their trek already.

kev3inp
05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I got my coupon for the lesson today, so it's totally a go. I can't wait. I've had so many difficulties with my swing lately. In the last league I had to try to whip it down the lane since we had NO oil. I could get my spare ball to the pocket pretty well but it had no carry and I'd leave odd splits. In gaining the speed I lost accuracy, so I'm trying to slow down and adjust, but I'm missing something, mostly my target.

Al, we'll shoot for 6, I think, at the Iguana. Gary and Joanne are or will be on their trip north when we'll be up, so I'm not sure if or where we'll go bowl after the lesson. I liked Dunedin and it was cheap, but it was kind of a jaunt.

kev3inp
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
We got back home this afternoon. I had a great time and she helped me a lot. I didn't know that I was breaking my wrist back, but sure enough, there it was. I still have to practice what I've learned and see if I can't get closer to where I want to be. My swing wants to track too far from my body and she helped me get things back to where they belong. My line from my head to the ball at release isn't quite right yet, but I'm going to be working on that a lot. I looked like the Patrick Ewing of bowling by the time it was over, but, it rocked.

Get a real coach! A lot of people can tell you what you're doing wrong, but a coach can tell you how to fix it.

Lucy Sandelin is a great coach, and we'll be going back even without winning free time with her. I looked a lot more like I did in my head afterwards. And, she's really reasonable, which is high praise from me, Mr. Cheap Bowler. :)

Motiv Girl
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Glad you had a good time.Practice hard and things will start clicking.
And you are correct.A real coach is priceless.Keep us updated.

mrbill
06-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Gratz on learning from a rEal coach..
I am envious!