PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions for medium to heavy oil ball

hokiefan76
05-19-2010, 01:14 AM
have an ebonite lanebreaker drilled with weight pin and mass bias offset to right and below holes. have resurfaced ball for traction and still havent enough to hook in oily lanes. Any suggestions? Thought of trying the Evil Siege.

Strike Domination
05-19-2010, 01:23 AM
I'd suggest something along the lines of the Reign of Fire or maybe a Diamondback. That's if you want a strong ball that's not quite a heavy oiler. For that I'd look at the Mutant Cell, Mega Friction, Bounty Hunter, Ogre Particle.

hokiefan76
05-21-2010, 07:20 AM
tried my brother's new Mutant Cell last night before we played in league. really liked the reaction on the ball. the lanes were even oiled heavy to get a good feel for the ball too.

WAC4504
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey Brian welcome to the boards, as for suggestions I would look at bowling ball dot com and compare. Personally I like the Rouge Cell, very dependable and predictable ball, but when the lanes dry up put it away. Brian what part of Virginia are you from, I'm originally from Alexandria, but lived in Roanoke for a while while I was a recruiter.

hokiefan76
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Live 20 minutes away from Blacksburg, born in Roanoke, but grew up around Richmond. Which branch did you recruit for?

Strike Domination
05-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Be sure that it was actually heavy oil. Just because they just oiled doesn't mean it's heavy and heavy oil to you might be med/heavy to me. Either way the Mutant Cell seems to be the kind of ball you're after, so the balls I suggested for heavy oil are what you want to look at if you're still considering what to get.

hokiefan76
05-26-2010, 12:55 AM
has anyone rolled the Siege and Evil Siege? Dont know if they would be right either and the pro shop doesnt have a demo ball.

rastamaoli
05-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Both balls are excellent in the heavy oil. I preferably like the hit on the c system 3.5.

I also use the Jigsaw corner when it is just too wet!

Good luck n good bowling

Aloha from Hawaii

hokiefan76
05-26-2010, 11:21 PM
finally starting to see some results of practice. My avg is up 25 pins from last week. still low among others but am very satisfied. picked up the Mutant Cell from my brother since he rolls straight ball. wont roll with it until i get used to it in practice.

hokiefan76
06-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Love the Mutant Cell! It seems the pins almost jump or explode everytime I hit em with the ball.