PDA

View Full Version : What will you work on this summer ?

Motiv Girl
05-19-2010, 09:32 AM
One important tip,stay within your own game.You can work on developing a A,B,C,
game,but don't try to be someone you are not.

1.Work on the physical technique.Stance,Start,Pushaway,Footwork,Armswing, Release.

2.Learn to read your shot better.Watching the ball motion,exit point,and breakpoint,
targeting methods, the ball entry angle.
3.Learn to read the lanes

4.Learn lane play and adjustments

5.Learn to listen to what the pins are telling you.Adjusting accordingly.

6.Learn your equipment.What each ball does on each lane condition you encounter.

7.Learn what certain drillings do,and what they do for you.

8.Learn about ball surface adjustments.

9.Get lessons.

Remember when working on a part of your game,keep it to one item at a time for
fifteen minutes at a time.This helps keep you fresh,and helps prevent frustration.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS SUMMER TO IMPROVE ?
Please keep this in mind ,and post on this topic let's see what everyone will be working
on to improve your game.

gbuck426
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I will be working on a lot this summer, namely swing plane (keeping my swing from wrapping around my back), free armswing, footwork, knee bend, release.

Gemfire
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
I want to work on a more consistent release. This is my biggest trouble.

Strike Domination
05-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Aside from physical technique including push away and footwork to improve accuracy, as well as adjusting, I have to be honest and say I'm working on caring a little less about bowling.

Drano
05-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Getting a job, LOL.

That, and a few things that another bowler's told me.

Stormed1
05-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Besides learning how to walk again. I will be working on my "sxtraight" game. Going to bowl league in a wood center that hooks a lot so it will be good for developing this. Also plan on doing the one day Fred Borden clinic when he comes to town

tomg2100
05-20-2010, 05:36 PM
i'll be working on my balance i keep putting my foot in th air.

Jord_84
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I need to work on remembering to follow through. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. I need to focus on that all summer long so that come fall, I'm doing it without thinking.

mrbill
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I know you are supposed to concentrate on one thing for like a month but I find myself working on multiple tweeks.
Like where my hand ends up after release.
Then Balance and form after release.
Then on other practices I Work on diffrent balls and diffrent lines of attack.
I also work on hitting the spot I'm aiming for, ALOT...

owlish
06-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Getting the suitcase turned into a real release, myself.

Motiv Girl
05-14-2011, 10:40 AM
It seems just like yesterday that I posted this.Time sure goes by fast.
So what are you going to work on this summer?

kev3inp
05-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm going to concentrate on focus and staying in the moment. Lately I'm finding myself finishing the shot in my mind and the ball is still in my hand.

Drano
05-15-2011, 10:50 AM
It seems just like yesterday that I posted this.Time sure goes by fast.
So what are you going to work on this summer?
Gonna work on not bowling. Been in a slump for half a year and I'm burned out, it kinda sucks

mhrinko
05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I want to work on a more consistent release. This is my biggest trouble.

I agree. That is the only thing I really need to work on.

tracy
06-25-2011, 06:47 PM
i'm going to get back to enjoying the game and not take it so serious. just enjoy bowling again.

J Anderson
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Like Drano I'm taking the summer off, at least from league. I may wander over to the alley from time to time and experiment on my left-handed game.

tracy
06-29-2011, 07:43 PM
now that i'm having fun again,i'm going to work on making faster changes,either for lanes conditions or ball changes. right now in my bag i either hold the ball low or high, different hand positions, 5 to 4 step approach or vice versa and last but not least is the ball choice that i have. once that i feel that i'm throwing a good ball , i can make a change with in 3-4 frames right now but i'm trying to get it down. what do you fellow bowlers do and how fast do you make your changes?

J Anderson
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I always change a couple frames too late, because instead of reacting I debate whether I executed properly and the lane changed or I did any one of the half dozen bad things I'm prone to do with a bowling ball.
First adjustment is with the feet and the target, second is ball speed, third is hand position, last is a ball change.

tracy
06-30-2011, 06:57 PM
one of my biggest problems was when i knew i was throwing a good ball but getting tapped all the time,i didn't make a quick enough adjustment.

Trex
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I am going to try my best to improve keeping my mouth shut, to smile more, and have more fun no matter what the lanes are giving us on any given day. I practiced on one of the PBA experience shots today and found it was too easy, for me it was easy anyway...while others did not have as much luck and were giving me dirty looks and making sarcastic remarks, I had to control myself and tune them out!! I need to work on being able to tune out negative bowlers around me at will!!! Then I will have accomplished my goal.... :-)