PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell Pearl Review

precisionrotoguy
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Layout- Pin above and right of ring, mass bias by thumb, 4 ½”x 4 ½”, no hole.

I was a fan of the original Mutant Cell, but one thing I noticed was how flippy the core was with the layout I had on it (roughly 5” x 4 ¾” should memory serve me correctly), so I wanted to shift the pin closer to the VAL to smooth out the read off the dry in the pearl. Mission accomplished. This ball provides me with super clean length through the front and a very angular yet smooth transition off of the dry. I was very impressed. It compliments both my Mutant Cell and my Cell Pearl well- giving me a little more length and more angularity than the Cell Pearl, which should allow me to make the jump further left as lanes transition in long-block tournaments and giving me a ball to go to with a similar yet longer look from my Mutant Cell when the Mutant Cell is burning too much energy. The pastel colors are kind of cool looking, even though they wouldn’t suit me ordinarily. Color-wise it kind of looks like the demon offspring of a Cell Pearl and a Rogue Cell….. I guess that’s just yet another mutation!

amature_sensation
05-22-2010, 08:00 PM
so right now i have a storm invasion and am looking for a ball to compliment it. Ive been told that the mutant cell pearl will be perfect allowing me lots of backend> Would you agree.