PDA

View Full Version : Video coach

truthseer
05-23-2010, 05:26 AM
In another thread I asked about inviting anyone with insight from whom I can better myself at bowling.

Many gave their input with what they have gained from experience.

I would love to hear from those that think the following idea is a good one, or have used this aspect before.

While looking at some videos of different bowling ball’s lane reactions I came away thinking about the prospect of using the video camera taping me from the back.

After doing so for a number of games, I saw some very ugly errors I was very unconsciously doing in my approach. I could have been honest to say that I had a good handle on many aspects of the approach, but when looking at the tape I made of me bowling, heaven forbid I was a mess at it.

Incorporating this type of coaching I found that I was bowling a little better.

What are your ideas.

owlish
05-23-2010, 07:49 AM
If you have the funds check out MBC (http://www.mybowlingcoach.com). They have a deal where you video cam your approach and they analyze it for $99. I haven't done it yet but plan to once I get over my injury. I subscribe to the site and I'm telling ya it's been the best $6 a month I've ever spent. Serious coaching that applies to my game and I can watch video lessons, MP3 lessons and handouts to read and take quizzes as well.

If you really got the money and time head to Bowling Institute of Technology & Research (http://www.bowlingitrc.com/). For some dough you can have a partial day, half-day or full blown coaching by the best in the world, period. They have cams all over the place and can kinetically analyze your approach/style.

I haven't done the full boat lesson but plan to this year or next at the latest. I suppose it depends on how serious anyone is about the sport.

owl

truthseer
05-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Owlish,

I just visited MBC and found the site, and your suggestion, a very good one. For that 60 bucks I think is a good investment for learning to be a better bowler.

owlish
05-24-2010, 05:28 AM
$5.95 US a month and you can stop anytime. Cannot beat unbiased, well-tested advice. :)