PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser Ideas for High School Bowling Leagues

twocents
06-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Does anyone have any good fundraiser ideas for high school bowling leagues?

I find that bowling is one of the school clubs that doesn't always get the funding they need to play, so a lot of fundraising is a necessity. In the past our local high school has done candy and t-shirt sales, but I would like to see them do a bowling night at the local alley and invite the entire community.

fireman
06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
in high school the yseley make tornamintes so you caqn win tropheys

fireman
06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
one good fundraiser is to sell some kind of food/candy thats the best kind of fundraiser

The KingPin
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
If you know of some high school bowling leagues that need help, let me know to see what we can do.

Bowling 411
08-10-2008, 01:23 AM
One thing our teams do is hold a raffle. The kids and parents collect merchandise and or gift certificates from the local businesses in our community and sell raffle tickets to the public, family & friends to help raise money.

I have found that the best place to sell these tickets is at the mens leagues just after they have had a couple (if you know what I mean) The very best night to sell them is on sweeper night!!

We then have a raffle at our bowling alley where we hold a tournament for the community which some of the money raised there also goes to our youths. We sell hot dogs, chips and pop during our event (also donated)

This is a really great way to spend time with your child.

The most important thing is to go back and give thanks to those businesses that donated to your event. This way they will be more likely to do it again...

~~Best of luck~~
:)

onefrombills
08-10-2008, 02:32 AM
2 things that we have done out here would be have some of the bowlers go into a league and run a 50 / 50 ...of course in a league that dose not do one would be good :)

Also you can get a ball donated from a Pro shop and sell raffle tickets to win the ball

The KingPin
08-13-2008, 12:56 AM
2 things that we have done out here would be have some of the bowlers go into a league and run a 50 / 50 ...of course in a league that dose not do one would be good :)

Also you can get a ball donated from a Pro shop and sell raffle tickets to win the ball

I think that is a great idea. Maybe some pro shops will take notice of this and do the same in their areas.

onefrombills
08-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah most Pro Shops will be willing to part with a white dot and sometimes a higher price ball too

cwbm
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM
50/50 tickets are great to your adult leagues. A balling ball raffle also works well. A lot of restrurants will do a guest server night, where the team serves and gets to keep the tips. Also you may try holding a tournament for high school teams. You an make a profit, and get more experiane for your team.

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 12:46 PM
50/50 tickets are great to your adult leagues. A balling ball raffle also works well. A lot of restrurants will do a guest server night, where the team serves and gets to keep the tips. Also you may try holding a tournament for high school teams. You an make a profit, and get more experiane for your team.

Great ideas.

I wonder how hard it would be to promote a High School Tournament?

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 02:06 PM

here are some ideas I posted earier in this post and I hope it helps