PDA

View Full Version : Grenade

rastamaoli
05-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Designed for Light to Medium Dry Conditions. Retrothane brings back the classic reaction of urethane: great length through the heads; a subtle but controlled midlane reaction; and a continuous arc to the pocket. A true urethane hallmark reaction, great for dry conditions or high rev players looking for more control.

jmartin27407
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Bowler Specs
Rev Rate: 500 rpm
Ball Speed: 19 mph
Axis Tilt: Med
Axis Rot: Low

Layout: 40x4.5x30 (pin above middle - cg 1" right of center)
Weight Hole: none
Surface: Box

I have highly been looking forward to the the release of the Roto Grip Grenade. With the shorter patterns that we see in some tournaments this is going to be a ball that sees a lot of action.

It has been a while since I threw urethane so I just used one of my favorite layouts on this ball. I tested this ball on the Broadway Kegel pattern which is 37 feet in length. Normally on this pattern I have a hard time playing straight due to how quick the ball comes of the end of the pattern and it forces me to play farther left use wider angles through the fronts. With the Grenade I was able to play right around 5 and the ball rolled off the end of the pattern instead of jumping. The hitting power of the Grenade is absolutely awesome and unlike some urethane I have seen thrown it never died in the midlanes.

One of my favorite parts about this ball is the moves I made as the lane broke down. Normally I move 3 and 1's or 5 and 2's which widens my angles through the front and puts me in jail eventually. With the Grenade I was able to make parallel moves (1 and 1) and never lost my reaction. I felt like I could throw this ball all day and still have a look.

All in all the Roto Grip Grenade is a remarkable ball for anyone bowling on shorter patterns and for high rev players or slower ball speeds it is a absolute must buy! Great release Roto Grip!!!

Jimmy Martin
Roto Grip Amateur Staff