PDA

View Full Version : confused but interesting

tracy
05-28-2010, 07:08 PM
i went out today to practice for different hand releases and working on hitting my marks but ran across something that confused me. i am use to standing more in an up right position (take 5 steps) and have a free arm swing (no pull and no push) except for my release and i have been getting a ball speed of around 12-13. today i tried something different ( how i bowled 20 years ago) which was similar to marshal holman style or like carmen salvino but crouched over lower (aggressive stance) with the ball low (down around my knees instead of around the waist line) and constany started hitting my mark but the one thing that amazed me was that my ball speed went up to the high 15 low 16. although i started my swing right from the first step, i noticed i wasn't pulling or pushing the swing either. how can i explain or figure out the pick up in speed? my stats are 65 years old and 15# diamond back.

owlish
05-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Only thing I can think of is that you walked faster? That's about as much as I would know.

owl

Strike Domination
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I would agree, faster feet is most likely the cause of it. And/or possibly just being in better time.

Drano
05-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I've experienced something similar, I used to bowl with my backswing right over my head, generally 14-15mph. Now i've recently lowered it to around shoulder level and my speed is 16-17mph, I do notice my feet moving faster so that's likely the cause

tracy
05-29-2010, 07:53 AM
that's true now to mention it. i seemed to move faster with a better slide also ....and i was still at pose at the foul line. i also must be making it up (speed) by starting my swing early with my first step.

tracy
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
don't tell me that we don't get better with age.hehe

owlish
06-01-2010, 12:24 AM
don't tell me that we don't get better with age.hehe

heh, good observation :)