Layout #1
40x5x30
No hole
Box Surface

Layout #2
40x4x60
P3 weight hole
surface changed to 1000

The Mutant Cell was a very successful ball for me. With the heavy rolling core I was able to conrol the mid part of the lane better. With the Mutant Cell Pearl I was expecting a similar motion but able to create more angle at the breakpoint.

With layout #1 I was looking for something I could move farther left with and get the ball to change direction quicker of the friction. I have used this layout on a Dark Star and had a lot of success. This ball is a absolute monster! It has to be the strongest ball I have ever thrown in the back of the lane. It is a good 8 boards stronger than my Dark Star with the same layout. I tested this ball on the Kegel Challenge Series Beaten Path (41 feet), it seemed the farther left I moved the stronger I could get this ball to come off the spot. As the lane broke down I was able to keep moving left and it still made the corner just as strong. It seemed as though it was immune to carrydown. Overall is this exactly what I was looking for.

With Layout #2 I wanted something smoother that I could use more as a benchmark ball. I have currently been using a Cell with this layout that I would like to replace. Well, I think my Cell is finally going into the closet. WIth this layout and surface it does not even seem like the same ball as layout #1, but compared to my Cell it is very similar but way more continuous. Testing this ball on the same pattern as layout 1 I was able to play farther right and get the ball to stand up and roll, but never even attempted to hit weak. This is by far going to be the first ball out of bag on a lot of patterns.

Overall the Mutant Cell Pearl is going to put another mark on the map for Roto Grip. For me it is even more versatile than the original and I thought the original was extremely versatile. It will work for many types of players, power players are going to love it for playing way left and opening up the lane where strokers are going to love it for the extra umph it is going to give them on the backend. Another great release by Roto Grip!!!!!

--------------------
Jimmy Martin
Roto-Grip Staff
Striking Advantage Pro Shop
Titusville FL