PDA

View Full Version : Back to bowling with new knee

ZFAM14
06-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Hello fellow bowlers. I had left knee replacement surgery in July 2009 and had a multitude of problems. I had all but given up on ever bowling again when my primary doctor called me a "baby" and said that I wouldn't try because I was afraid to fail. Sometimes that's the kind of kick in the butt that is needed so I tried and I'm preparing for my first tournament in July. I had to change a few things; slow down my approach, stay under the ball and not start my swing as high, but it is coming together. I still have a ways to go, but it feels good to get back in the game. I finished in my May 2009 at 206. I had to skip league for the 2009-2010 season, but I will be back in September. One more thing, before I actually got on the lanes, I practiced in my house on the Wii system for close to 3 weeks. Go figure.

owlish
06-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Wow, great story and motivation you got there! I'm 41 and do not have any health problems like you address but it is great to hear folks doing things out of their comfort zone. I personally challenge myself in something small in my life that requires, and sometimes demands, a kick in the fear department.

Your story gives me hope in case of the need ever comes my way, to move forward.

WAC4504
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Great to have you back in the game, feels good doesn't it? Sounds like you got a good doctor too. Welcome to the boards.