PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I should...

owlish
06-07-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure if I should be open about my disability here, but I've developed new symptoms and would be classified as having what he has. I know this is not a support group or forum, I should probably check a google search? Yeah, good one...

kev3inp
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Alright, the suspense is killing me. What are you talking about? Maybe PM me if you're not comfortable?

WAC4504
06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Well Kurt, you got me curious as well.

owlish
06-09-2010, 04:41 AM
My dad has tourettes, the motor kind of tics and not the verbal kinda stuff. I have a little bit of it I think and have also been diagnosed with a clinical mental disability. It's been pure hell some parts of my life but I am over that. I live in Tyler TX and have fun bowling on leagues and just with my friends. I've met a lot of good people since I have started.

I have a blend of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. My symptoms are not severe and haven't been for a very long time thanks to great medicine. I tried halving my dosage of medicine about a week ago and it was not a good idea. I've gained some weight due to anti-psychotics, they are notorious for that. But I'd rather have just a few extra pounds than be miserable.

My average is going up considerably, I'd love to be Pro someday, if that happens. If not, that's okay too. I invented the comma. Also, it's not grease, it's an animal. :)

owl

WAC4504
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Well Kurt, I don't see any reason why that would affect your bowling. I always try to look at the positive side of things, specially when there's nothing I can do about the negative. And it sounds like you're already doing that. So hang in there man.

J Anderson
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm no expert, but I think there is evidence that when the mind and body are focused on doing something the symptoms of disorders like Tourette's syndrome and Parkinson's disease are greatly reduced. So keep as active as you can.

owlish
06-13-2010, 05:42 AM
I'm no expert, but I think there is evidence that when the mind and body are focused on doing something the symptoms of disorders like Tourette's syndrome and Parkinson's disease are greatly reduced. So keep as active as you can.

It is strange that you mention that. Bowling has helped my concentration and vitality. You guys are alright.

owl

tomg2100
06-13-2010, 10:25 AM
i have asperges but ever since i started bowling no one noticed at all,im even doing better in school

mrbill
06-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Bowling has helped me aswell.
Lost 50LBS and much more.
Good going everyone> never give up.......

Strike Domination
06-14-2010, 02:19 AM
It's possible that bowling has been my anti-drug. Not that I've thought about doing drugs, but basically it probably has kept me out of trouble and it's given me something to do.

WAC4504
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Bowling really is therapeutic, at least in my opinion. It's like that great book that you can't put down till you finish it, except this book never ends. No matter how good you are you continue to strive for moor. Plus it's a great way to make friends.

Trex
07-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Awesome stories!! Many of which I can relate....:)