PDA

View Full Version : Cost of practice

WAC4504
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
My curiosity has got the best of me after reading a post on an Australian forum in reference to the new AMF rates, so I'm curious as to what people are paying to practice all around the country. Here in Memphis I pay 10.00 for 2 hours non prime time and 12.00 for 2 hours prime time. I bowl at least 2 hours on Sat. just for fun/ practice, and sometimes 2 hours on Friday after work , usually in the winter when it gets dark early since I work out doors. The bottom line is that if I had to pay the prices they pay I'd quit bowling, so I got to wonder what the prices are like in the rest of the country. I also take lessons and bowl league on Sundays but, that's not practice.

threeripmin
06-09-2010, 01:04 AM
i bowl in a league at an amf house and get 2 free games a day and $2.00 a game after that but that is a deal only my league gets, i think. league bowlers pay $2.00 a game.

the other house i bowl at i get $1.00 a game for the summer which is awesome.

Drano
06-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Normal prices: $2.50/game
1 League: $1.50/game
2 leagues: $1.00/game
3+ leagues" $0.00/game

I bowl 3 leagues

owlish
06-09-2010, 04:51 AM
$1.75 before 4pm per game
$2.25 after 4pm per game (league rate)
$1.00 before 4pm on Saturday
$2.25 after 4pm on Saturday
$2.25 on Sunday

$2.25 is the league rate on any given time after 4pm and on Sundays. Prices going up? I was unaware of that, we have an AMF house. The house is incredibly outdated on all the equipment, they are cheap owners from what I've heard, don't know them anyway except for one who is real nice.

Keep us posted OP if you can.

owl

Hawkeye
06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
50 cents per game if you are a league bowler here, but this month is free for dads due to it being fathers day month.(last month moms bowled free) so....rock on. :)

J Anderson
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
$3.25/game for league bowlers
$2.50/game 1-5p.m tues., thurs. & fri.

Thus is in Fairfield county, CT

DanielMareina
06-10-2010, 05:55 PM
In Oregon, We are one of the cheapest houses. Our regular day rate for an adult is 3.00 and 4.00 after 6pm. During the fall we offer $2 a game for league bowlers. During the Summer, league bowlers get .50 games and if they bowl two summer leagues they get 5 free games a day. We do offer Monthly passes for $60 to our league bowlers too.

nathan
06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
The center I bowl at has a good deal on Saturdays. $10 all-you-can bowl until 9pm (I think). It's great. I usually go around 1pm and bowl about 10 games. I don't know what the regular prices are since I only practice on Saturdays.

The league I was in last season was $15 a night, 3 games. ($? per game + league dues or something).

JAnderson
06-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Here in the Southeastern United States, we've seen a drop in bowling prices with more special rates and promotional events. There's even a center in town that offers free bowling on Monday nights after 9pm (they're only open until 11pm). It's the economy, I'm guessing.

Coupons are a great way to bowl on the cheap. Almost every center has some time period or other where the price is reduced. I can't remember the last time I paid more than $1/game to practice.

owlish
06-12-2010, 04:35 AM
I got a dilemma or a situation. Our house is grossly outdated. Pins fall when being set or are not set at all and the scoring system botches your score IE a 9-spare should have been scored it gives you 8-open frame. We desperately need new equipment, it's from the 70's AMF Scoremaster series. They're milking it until we need new or refurbished pinsetters and scoring devices and monitors. It might get down to the league people boycotting the house due to this. But there is no where else to bowl. I don't know the owners but I know one of them who is a decent guy on the surface. There is another house 25 miles away but haven't been there. Probably the same, who knows.

For those of you who bowl at the $2 level, what is the equipment like? Is it up-to-date or marginal?

I feel we are in the middle ages and us bowlers are the peasants who have no bread and the royalty exclaims "Let them eat cake". I don't know the owner's financial well-being but it can't be too bad. I wonder if they are just they're just sitting on their hineys letting it roll in or are trying to just make ends meet, hard to tell. But us bowlers wish there would be something said or they would act upon it. I guess the trade off is cheaper games with some aggravation or higher prices with up to dateness.

J Anderson
06-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I got a dilemma or a situation. Our house is grossly outdated. Pins fall when being set or are not set at all and the scoring system botches your score IE a 9-spare should have been scored it gives you 8-open frame. We desperately need new equipment, it's from the 70's AMF Scoremaster series. They're milking it until we need new or refurbished pinsetters and scoring devices and monitors. It might get down to the league people boycotting the house due to this. But there is no where else to bowl. I don't know the owners but I know one of them who is a decent guy on the surface. There is another house 25 miles away but haven't been there. Probably the same, who knows.

For those of you who bowl at the $2 level, what is the equipment like? Is it up-to-date or marginal?

I feel we are in the middle ages and us bowlers are the peasants who have no bread and the royalty exclaims "Let them eat cake". I don't know the owner's financial well-being but it can't be too bad. I wonder if they are just they're just sitting on their hineys letting it roll in or are trying to just make ends meet, hard to tell. But us bowlers wish there would be something said or they would act upon it. I guess the trade off is cheaper games with some aggravation or higher prices with up to dateness.

Sounds like the owners might have been milking the center for all it was worth when the economy was good, and now there's no money to make the improvements they should have made 10 years ago.

randwool
06-13-2010, 12:30 PM
If the house doesn't have an update plan for '70's era equipment, sounds like they are milking it until closing for good.

mrbill
06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
(Skylanes orlando is $1.29 per game for league bowlers.)
Then on mon: 9pm-12 its $1.00 per game,hotdogs,bud draft,and popcorn.
Tue and wed: $5.00 all you can bowl from 9-12pm at semoran lanes in orlando
Wed: at skylanes its all you can bowl free from 3-5pm

Strike Domination
06-14-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm sure you bowl that Wednesday deal all the time Bill ;).

I hate having to pay more than $1.50/game, I paid that for a while but the league rate where I bowl is $2/game since this last season.

Jord_84
06-14-2010, 07:43 PM
My family owns an AMF house. League bowlers can practice for $1.25 per game. Neon bowl is $10.00 with free shoe rental. Bowl your head off is 2 hrs unlimited games for $6.00 plus shoe rental. I believe open bowling is $3.25 before 5pm and $3.75 after 5pm.

We just increased our rates by .25 per game to help offset the costs of upgrades we've made.

mrbill
06-15-2010, 09:13 AM

I hate having to pay more than $1.50/game, I paid that for a while but the league rate where I bowl is $2/game since this last season.
I've never missed a wednesday:p hehe

WAC4504
06-15-2010, 09:11 PM

When you look at paying 2.00 a game at first you may say that it sucks but, when you look closer it's a better deal that 10.00 for 2 hours. Think about taking 4 buddies with you when you bowl, 5 of you want to bowl 6 games each. So it cost 12.00 but you're not rushed to beat a time limit. I can tell you for a fact that I can't get 6 games in in 2 hours with 4 of my friends, that just won't happen. Although it would be better at 1.00 a game like it is here Monday through Thursday from 10:00 till 3:00, only problem is that if it's not raining I'm working.

J Anderson
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
$3.25/game for league bowlers
$2.50/game 1-5p.m tues., thurs. & fri.

Thus is in Fairfield county, CT

I just realized they had a special incentive to join a summer league - $2.00/game for summer league bowlers.

Dwnandin
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
God! you guys hav eit so easy. Here in buford, GA it $5 a game! I wish I could get a game for $2! Although...I do kind of cheat/lie/steal to end up bowling free (don't ask). Everybody else is paying $5. Even at the best time of the week (Sunday morning) it's still $2 and that's only from 10:00-1:00. Good thing I'm good with computers...

threeripmin
07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
um, i have to ask, how do you get free bowling?

tomg2100
07-04-2010, 03:50 PM
its like £22 in chesterfield

J Anderson
07-04-2010, 07:31 PM

No wonder you can't get people to bowl on your side of the pond!

Alakazam
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm on the central west coast of Florida and our house has a $1.75 rate for all league bowlers, on Sundays it's $1.50 from 9 to 5. I believe the normal rate is 3.25 per game.

WAC4504
07-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Tom I sure hope that's for 2 hours and not 1 game.

Steven B
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
In the Denver CO region, the prices are near $4 - $5 per game, but if you belong to a league, usually you get 3 free games per day, at least in the summer time.

tomg2100
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
well its not for 1 game its 1 hour but its not owned by amf sorry i got hat wrong but u don't get much time plus they take off time to get down there and putnames in and get shoes on.Also its that much per person