PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Cell Pearl

ODriscoll
06-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Mutant Cell Pearl

Roto Grip has done a really good job of creating an idea of ball movement and then building a ball to match that intent.

With the Mutant Cell Pearl they wanted to match the predictability strong continuous motion of the original Cell with a little stronger move down lane. Roto Grip made some adjustments to the core that enhances the RG and differential. Now add the new Cytoplasmic XL pearl reactive coverstock which is a little stronger the Cell Pearl and they got just what they wanted.

The Mutant Cell Pearl is a great compliment to the Cell series. A lot smoother down the lane than the Mutant Cell and I found much more forgiving.

We are currently bowling a summer PBA Exp league using the Scorpion Pattern on Pro Anvilane. I’ve been using a Nomad sanded with 1500 Abralon which gives me a really good look. This helps me control the longer pattern and mainly stay out of trouble. I didn’t think the Mutant Cell Pearl would be right move, as a strong move off the end of the pattern usually gets you into more trouble. But since I just drilled it I wanted to see how it looked. After shooting 835 (4 games) the week before with the Nomad. I came in a little more defensive. By the end of the night I realized it gave me a little more wiggle room and I could be a little more offensive. Very pleased with a 940 for the night!

The Cell cores creates a shape and predictability no other balls have matched. For tougher patterns it’s hard to find a better look or success than the Cell series.

Thank you Roto Grip!

Kelly O’Driscoll
Roto Grip Staff