PDA

View Full Version : Double dribble

BowlingObsessed
06-19-2010, 06:36 AM
a huge problem in my game right now is when my ball lands it does a small double dribble or bounce can anyone tell me what causes this problem for other bowlers who have this problem so i could point myself in the right direction.
Ive gotten to the point where i can go without it happening the majority of the time its just i want to get to the point to where i can eliminate it completely. I feel like ive nailed down everything in my physical game that i can at this point except that, so any advice would help, keep in mind im a very high rev player so i really like to go after it at the the release point. ive really tried everything i can possibly think of so im really stumped.

PSBA10
06-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Any time I experience the "double dribble" I have found my problem to be in my timing. I am releasing the ball very late and am throwing the ball up instaed of out on the lane. The up angle creates an arc, so the ball litterally falls at the end of the arc and bounces.

Strike Domination
06-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Or it could even be releasing too early, or the swing is too steep. Considering your average I might actually lean towards the possibility that you're just not getting low enough on those shots, combined with some sort of timing issue.

DanielMareina
06-21-2010, 11:35 AM
I agree with Strike Domination, the problem is most likely due to lack of knee bend. The problem with diagnosing a problem that is intermittent is that anything can cause it. If your foot sticks or slides a little too much it will change where your body position is at release point to keep your balance. If your knee doesn't bend as far as it does, it changes the angle of your back and the height of your arm at release point. Also, if you lose a little grip on the ball, it can fall off your thumb early and "double dribble. This can happen due to the pitch in your thumb being right at the brink of too far away pitch, old thumb tape, your thumb getting tired, etc. And of course, good old timing issues. Everybody has them sometimes, and they can make all kinds of things happen. There are too many things to list all of them, but hopefully this helps a little bit.

BowlingObsessed
06-22-2010, 12:18 AM
yea thanks that does help. its just sometimes i feel like im going crazy and second guess myself whenever it happens and the fact that ive been bowling alot for a long time ive developed some bad habits over the years and when im up on the approach i just go i don't really think about it which is a bad and good habit. bad because i usaully trust my body to throw itself in time naturally but what i have the habit of doing is dropping the ball into the swing just a hair to soon which results in missing left alot and other problems. but when i get the ball to land perfectly i don't feel any weight on my hand when the ball comes off. another habit im trying to shake is maintaining a knee bend the throughout my entire approach

J Anderson
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
yea thanks that does help. its just sometimes i feel like im going crazy and second guess myself whenever it happens and the fact that ive been bowling alot for a long time ive developed some bad habits over the years and when im up on the approach i just go i don't really think about it which is a bad and good habit. bad because i usaully trust my body to throw itself in time naturally but what i have the habit of doing is dropping the ball into the swing just a hair to soon which results in missing left alot and other problems. but when i get the ball to land perfectly i don't feel any weight on my hand when the ball comes off. another habit im trying to shake is maintaining a knee bend the throughout my entire approach

So is your approach like Groucho Marx without the cigar, or Chuck Berry without the guitar?

mrbill
06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
I have double dribbled the ball at times, In my case it was from getting low thus trying to hard to set the ball down where I wanted it.
What I mean is that I tryed so hard and was concentrating so much that I guess my nerves got the better of me.
To fix my double dribble, I just rememberd when I startd to go to low and got in danger of the double dribble, I gave the ball a little Loft> But before I started my aproch I took a big deep breath first...

Hope this helps..
I got the Chamelon tomarrow, I hope I dont dribble double dibble. I do get nerves hehe