PDA

View Full Version : Grenade Review

SenorRotoGrip
06-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Using the core found in the Riot and Dark Star, Roto Grip has wrapped a urethane, 2000 grit abralon finish, coverstock (retrothane), around the core to give this ball the same Rg and Differential as the Dark Star and Riot. As the newer, stronger covers, tend to burn up lane conditions faster than in the "old" urethane days, urethane is making a return. From the novice to the advanced bowler, a urethane cover will provide a more controlled ball reaction on light to drier conditions than reactive. Altering the surface combined with proper pin placement, should give any bowler the "go to" ball that he/she needs when conditions call for more control and less reaction.
I drilled my Grenade with the pin slightly above my ring finger with an approximate 65 degree pin/pap angle. I used it on a PBA league, 35' cheetah pattern. When compared to a mutant cell pearl, I was 8-10 boards left with my feet using a much straighter line through the front of the lane. Ball reaction was good, pin hit good. As I stated, this ball is going to be condition specific depending on the individual's style.

SenorRotoGrip