PDA

View Full Version : League/ Team Names

twocents
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Share league or team names here, or add names you wish your team could have.

The last time I played in a league my friends and I were the Sliders. I don't think it had so much to do with the bowling, but more to do with the box of White Castle sliders that someone always brought. Just seemed fitting.

The KingPin
06-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I played on a league with my wife and we were the Deuces Wild team. It was very fun and a cool name

onefrombills
07-23-2008, 05:58 PM
A classic one was always "OSIMA" Oh $h!t I missed again

The KingPin
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
A classic one was always "OSIMA" Oh $h!t I missed again

That is great. I have not heard that one

onefrombills
07-25-2008, 11:24 PM
That is great. I have not heard that one

WOW Really .....it was used by many teams in leagues and tournaments about 5 years ago. :)

waddler808
08-02-2008, 11:34 AM
A few years back my team used Spin Doctors, it worked out well because we ended up winning the league

The KingPin
08-03-2008, 02:32 PM
A few years back my team used Spin Doctors, it worked out well because we ended up winning the league

That is a cool name

Baroncad
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Named our team the "Gutter Rats", then they kicked me off..in favor of the Team Captain's wife.
Then joined a team called the "Bowling Bags" (I'll let you guess what the other members were)
Summer League with Daughter are team name "Pinheads"

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
thats some great names

PSBA10
09-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Last year in my Thursday mixed league our team was called "Good" . It got interresting when I overheard several other teams saying that we have to play that good team again. We ended up winning both halves. Several other teams called themselves "Bad" and "Ugly". Bad finished dead last and Ugly wasn't far behind.

PrettyLilMoon
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to write this!! I was in a doubles and a trios league this summer and we named our trios team Two Balls and a Split. Then a couple in the doubles league decided to use it as their name for that league! It became confusing because one of my partners and I bowled in both leagues! :p

onefrombills
09-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to write this!! I was in a doubles and a trios league this summer and we named our trios team Two Balls and a Split. Then a couple in the doubles league decided to use it as their name for that league! It became confusing because one of my partners and I bowled in both leagues! :p

You should charge them for use of your team name

onefrombills
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Last year in my Thursday mixed league our team was called "Good" . It got interresting when I overheard several other teams saying that we have to play that good team again. We ended up winning both halves. Several other teams called themselves "Bad" and "Ugly". Bad finished dead last and Ugly wasn't far behind.

LOL....thats funny !!!!!!

I saw a team the was called "ask your wife" So I heard a league member ask his teammates who we bowling next week and they said "ask your wife"

The KingPin
09-06-2008, 12:30 AM
My wife and I always name our team "Deuces Wild"

We won our first league, and never again. Beginners luck I guess, but it is great fun bowling with my wife.

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 12:58 AM
at leats you have a win LOL

Tylrsmom
09-06-2008, 06:08 AM
here's a couple for ya...On my Sunday night league, our team name is "Who Shives a Git" and Thursday night is a team with 3-women and one guy..."Jesse's Girls"...not as funny, but it's still cool..just like the team! LOL

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I bowl with three men in their mid 50s to 60s and we were trying to come up with a name for our team. I suggested Oldies and a Goody (lucky for me they all have a great sense of humor!). Anyhow, this past Tuesday night, I wasn't rolling so great and one of the guys on my team (the former pro) told me to point my chest towards the pins I was aiming for. We have now decided to name our team "Point 'Em" :D

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 04:09 PM
here's a couple for ya...On my Sunday night league, our team name is "Who Shives a Git" and Thursday night is a team with 3-women and one guy..."Jesse's Girls"...not as funny, but it's still cool..just like the team! LOL

Who Shives a Git....love it !!!!!

TenPin
09-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I was on a team that would get some amazing marks and another team said you guys a magicians. So we named are team "Magic Markers." On some other teams that I was on "Sultans of Swing," "Just 4 Fun," "Just for Laughs," "Gutter Dusters," "Team X," and sponsers names as our team name. My current team doesn't have anme yet, but we've been leaning on "Team Ten Pin" since we seem to have left quite a few of them on the first on the first ball that night. I'll post more team names as I remember them or see them the next while.

TenPin

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Sultans of Swing would be great if you all are throwing Columbia 300's Momuntum Swing :)

Product placement .... NOOOO Not me :)

Baroncad
09-07-2008, 02:40 AM
Sultans of Swing would be great if you all are throwing Columbia 300's Momuntum Swing :)

Product placement .... NOOOO Not me :)

Not you (are newly crown Moderator) your integrity is without equal (boy, it's getting deep) :rolleyes:

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Not you (are newly crown Moderator) your integrity is without equal (boy, it's getting deep) :rolleyes:

Thay say timing is everything ...right??????

LOL!!!!!!

Baroncad
09-07-2008, 02:58 AM

My co-workers and I had a team called "eight balls and a split" that name was from are lone female employee. It was instantly the favorite.

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 03:27 AM
My co-workers and I had a team called "eight balls and a split" that name was from are lone female employee. It was instantly the favorite.

LOL!!!! thats funny

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM

That is great. At least you were not the Ugly team lol

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Those are some great team names!!! I like the Jesse's Girls alot too.

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 02:13 PM
That is great. At least you were not the Ugly team lol

enough said there LOL

kev3inp
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Over the summer we were "Devious Delivery" though I'm not sure where it came from; the other members picked it. The season before we were "Norfolk and Way." I'm going to push for "Who" this year. :)

Anni1
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
My league name is Thursday Night Womens' and my team name is Frank Leist Auctioneers. The team I was on before was the ReMax No Bowls.