PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Recon RX1

MrDaveS
06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I drilled two new Recon RX1's by MOTIV designed to react differently. Ball #1 was drilled with a 5 1/2" pin from pap and ball #2 was drilled with 3 1/2" pin from pap. Ball #1 has the pin located about 1/2" above my fingers positioned slightly over my middle finger with the cg kicked our 1/2". Ball #2 has the pin located 3/8" right of my ring finger with the cg 5/8" kicked out. I tested the balls reaction on the PBA Cheetah pattern and found the following: ball #1's layout allowed the ball extreme length with a much more aggressive move off the break point than that of ball #2. If I leaked the ball right it had enough to recover and if pulled left of target, was weak enough to maintain the line and carry most shots. I found this layout to be very clean through the mids and stronger off the break point. Ball #2's layout was designed for more of an earlier roll and still provided some miss room left; but when I missed right I found the ball didn't recover as well as ball #1. This layout was just as clean through the mids but provided a much smoother more consistent reaction off the break point. Both balls were kept at box finish for this test and provided a smooth and controllable reaction on a fresh cheetah pattern. This ball is weak enough that it rolls well and strong enough to recover if thrown a bit off course. This is a great ball for those bowlers looking for a weaker ball because of their high rev rates causing other equipment to read the lane earlier than desired. This ball will work for you!

David Schroeder
MOTIV/Turbo Staff