PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Heat Pearl Red/Blue Review

STRMBWLRJK
07-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I have had a lot of success with the Storm Spit Fire and Street Rod Pearl, so I was very anxious to try this ball out considering it has the same cover as the Spit Fire and the same core as the Street Rod Pearl(also the same core that was in the Fast & Furious).

I used a 60x40 dual angle layout with a 4 ½ inch pin. My PAP is 5- ¾ over and 1/8 up. I am left handed.

This ball rolls great for me. It’s easy for me to get through the heads and down the lane, but I still have a smooth motion off of the break point with it. I have used this ball on a 40’ house pattern and a 38’ house pattern and it allowed me to play up the boards easily, but I was also able to move in a it would easily turn the corner as well with a simple change of hand position. I have also used this ball on the Viper pattern(37 ft) and the Chameleon Pattern(39 ft). On the Viper, It was a little more difficult for me to play direct, but I got a strong arc motion from the ball when I moved in and maintained end over end roll. On the Chameleon pattern, much like the house shots, it was a lot easier for me to play multiple angles.

This is a tough ball to beat at this price point and a must have for all bowlers!

Jake Washington
Storm Amateur Staff

Stormed1
07-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Great ball But i guess you didn't notice it's a remake of the Street Rod Pearl,same ore and cover