PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade to something more reactive

Rush
07-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi, I'm trying to find something that...like the title says...is more reactive than my current ball, which is a Hammer Onyx Vibe.

This was my first ball and was nice for working out how to hook a ball. I believe I have a low rev rate and was looking for a stronger ball since I can't seem to get the revs up myself.

I've been bowling for about a year and when I was messing around bowling the 2-finger method I loved how the ball would snap down than lane rather than my typical slow gradual arc.

So far I was was considering the Hammer Raw Burn, or possibly a Storm Furious but I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you...I typically bowl on medium oil conditions.

Dwnandin
07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
it's an older ball, but the hammer black widow sting (if you drill it properly) hooks more than enough for me. I use it for only the heaviest of oil conditions (like shark, scorpion, or heavy carry-down). I'm not sure what surface I have on it, probably box surface. I normally throw the ebonite evolve as my go-to ball on medium-length patterns and a THS.

Stormed1
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
The Fast is a good choice. You could also consider the Fark Star and the Tropical Heat Hybryd.The Reign is also a ball with a very strong move down lane. The AMF Sideways also lives up to it;s name

jonesyman
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I am partial to either the Rouge Cell or Mutant Cell by Roto Grip. Very aggressive balls just ensure that your pro-shop understands where your pap is so that they can maximize your reaction. Another poster recommended the Widow, that'll work too. I've also been impressed with the jigsaws by Hammer.

DanielMareina
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
It really depends on the money you want to spend. I would say the Storm Reign is your best choice for the price. It is a great ball, and will react well even with low revs. The more aggressive the ball, the more it costs most the time. The mutant cell is an awesome ball for backend reaction, but is expensive. I would stick in the middle of the road balls till you build a bigger arsenal. The Storm Reign is the only pearlized ball that I like, and I throw it on everything from a typical house shot to the PBA Scorpion pattern. It is very clean through the heads and has a strong reaction in the backend, but isn't really jumpy like a lot of pearlized equipment. Good luck!

Beech
07-22-2010, 01:47 PM
the black widow sting just came out last year it isnt an old ball o.o. but ya if your looking to stay into hammer thats a good ball to look into. Also you can look into the Jigsaw or the Jigsaw trap both very good balls.