PDA

View Full Version : Making 10 Pins

SPS
09-13-2008, 01:47 AM
I've been having big problems sparing tenpins for about the last 6 months. Never knew whether I was going to miss left or right. Using a plastic ball so I knew it was mostly going over my mark at the wrong angle. Before league last night I bowled a practice game, shooting for the ten pin first then using the strike ball. Just for laughs I decided to move my target to the foul line. Felt really uncomfortable at first but it worked. I didn't pick the ten clean every time but I covered the ten every time, all ten frames. First time I've ever been able to do that. Only missed 1 ten in league. I was wondering if anybody else targets at the foul line? It seems like I heard them say on tv that Wes Mallot targets at the foul line. I hope this isn't a fluke cause I sure am sick of missing ten pins.

stc17
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
personally ive never done that i just dont put as much lift on the ball on flaten out my wrist and im about 75 percent shooting like that

but this year i started throwing backup at it and im now about 95-98 percent at them

onefrombills
09-16-2008, 02:26 AM
best thing to do is go and prac the shot

go bowl a few games and ONLY shoot the 10 pin and 7 pin