PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys I'm new to the forum

Jager247
07-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Hello everyone, I've been bowling for about 20 years now. I'd go like once or twice a year so my average is like 80ish. Start worki g at a new company about 3 years ago and they have there own league. I play golf with alot of them and they have been asking be to join there bowling league. I kept telling them no b/c I stink at it. Well this year they talked me into it. So I went out and bought a used test ball and headed to the local line to try it out bowled my best game ever 134 sencond game was 124 I know they are still low scores but they ate 2 of my highest ever. So now I got the bug to go every day. I went last night and played 6 games 2 were 160 and 162 the others were in the 130's and 140's. I never thought not using a house ball would make that much differnce. Anyways just thought I would share that little bit and say hi to everyone here.

Bgreg
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey there, Welcome!
Have fun bowling :)

Maine Man
07-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Jager, and glad to have you here. Just a warning, bowling is infectious and once you have the itch it's impossible to get rid of! Feel free to ask anyone on this forum for advice or just shoot the breeze, this is a great place for us bowling junkies to congregate. Good luck on the lanes, and have fun! :)

WAC4504
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the site Jager, I'm sure you'll like it here. I have to agree with the Main Man, Bowling is like poison ivy but you just can't quiet the itch. Well got to go a buddy of mine just called and wants to go bowling ( speaking of the Devil ) will talk later.

Big Dog
07-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Im glad to finally find people who feel about bowling like I do. Welcome! Im new too. Bowling since 1971.

WAC4504
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey guys sorry I had to run yesterday, but the buddy that wanted to go bowling had been out for 3 months with a bad back. We bowled 4 games, and the lanes were so dry the highest game I bowled was the last at 197, with my spare ball. Did the same thing this afternoon, the lanes were so burnt that the last 3 games were with the plastic ball again, with a 185, 276,and a 180, the lanes were so dry that the only oil was in the center. The only way I could tell was by trowing cross lane at the ten. Any way just wanted to let every one why I had to run. Jager, and Bigdog, I think you'll lke it here there's always some one to talk to about anything, and plenty of information to go around.

TheBob
07-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome.

You'll always do better if you have your own equipment. When you have your own ball, it's customized to fit your hand. Most of the house balls don't really have any spin left in them. You should probably get your own bowling shoes too. Those will make a large difference, because they are more comfortable than the shoes they have at the bowling alley. Plus, bowling shoes are really cheap.

The more you bowl, the better you'll get, and I'm sure this place will help you achieve your goals.