PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy review by Storm staffer Tom Hess

Tom Hess
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Storm's newest master line ball is the Prodigy. Using the R2X pearl with E.T.M cover and the all new Centripetal weight block.

I drilled two of the Prodigy's. The first Prodigy was drilled with the pin under the ring finger 4 1/2" inches from pap and the cg 45 degrees with a small hole down. I compared this ball with a Hy-Road drilled exactly the same. The Prodigy was 2"-3" sooner than the Hy-Road and much smoother at the breakpoint. The Prodigy overall out hooked my Hy-Road by about 4-5 boards. The Prodigy is not as stong as the Virtual Gravity. My VG read the lane about 2" sooner and out hooked the Prodigy by 3-4 boards. This Prodigy will be used on the longer patterns. Either as the first ball out of the bag or after the Virtual Gravity.

The second Prodigy was drilled with the pin 5" from pap above the ring finger and the cg at 65 degrees and no hole. I applied a light coat of reacta-shine to this one. With the pin up and polish this is a ball that I'm going to use when I need to get further left on the lane. I drilled this Prodigy almost the same as my 2nd Dimension. The only difference is the 2nd has a small hole on my pap to make it legal. These two balls had almost the same ball motion except the Prodigy had 3-4 more boards of total hook. I also compared this to a Reign that is drilled with the pin up. The Prodigy had a more contolled arc at the breakpoint than the Reign. The Reign read the dry quicker with a faster with a more skid/snap reaction. I see this Prodigy being used 4 or 5 games in on medium length patterns when trying to "open up" the lane.

Tom Hess
Storm Staff
Vise Staff
Etonic Staff