PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On This Style?

Ryan_W
07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I've been bowling competitively for about 10 years now. I started out out with the no-thumb release, then went to half thumb/Tom Smallwood style, to basically a style where I still have a partial thumb but don't really cradle anymore.
Just looking for any thoughts, criticism, or tips anyone might have for me.

Here's a vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeqyQakSZc

oregonbowler
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry bro but honestly it didnt look like you threw the same shot when youe left the split

DanielMareina
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
The thumb part is a concern for me as a coach. It is something that you should probably try and work on, but it isnt the first thing you should focus on. I noticed a couple other things that you may want to work on first. First of all, your steps are really small and quick. I suggest trying to slow them down and make them a little more smooth. The more balanced you are, and the more you glide up to the foul line, the smoother your release will be. Also, you could benefit from a little more knee bend. That is a common thing that people do, and most people don't understand how much it effects ball roll and balance. And last, but definately not least, your wrist rotation needs a little work. You come around the side of the ball. A coach would be able to work these kinks out pretty quick. Good luck!

andrewlytton
12-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree with everything Daniel Mareina just said lol sound advice indeed...