PDA

View Full Version : Getting a free ball!

lakota_bowler127
07-25-2010, 04:24 PM
OK so I'm getting a free ball, i believe I'm a tweener and i need a ball that breaks mid lane and works on light to medium oil conditions. I stand around center line give or take. I've only been hooking for 3 years if that's relevant. this will be my strike ball.

and it has to be out of this list

Lane #1 Time Bomb
AMF Shredder
Brunswick C System 4.5
Brunswick C System 3.5
Brunswick Revolver
Columbia Complete Bedlam
Columbia Power Swing
Columbia Sharp Noise
Ebonite Mission
Ebonite Vital Sign
Ebonite Magic Action
Ebonite Game Plan
Hammer Jigsaw Trap
Hammer plague
hammer Jigsaw Corner
Hammer Hardcore Grind
Morich Craze
Morich Mania
Roto-Grip Mutant Cell
Roto-Grip Mutant Cell Pearl
Storm Prodigy
Storm Virtual Energy
Storm Invasion
Storm reign of fire
Track 920T
Track 92 A
Track 715C
Track 505A
Track 505T

Strike Domination
07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
For light to medium oil these are your options basically.

Columbia Sharp Noise
Track 505A
Track 505T(maybe)
Hammer Hardcore Grind(maybe)

Between the Sharp Noize and 505A I don't think it really matters since I believe they have similar reaction shapes

lakota_bowler127
07-26-2010, 12:35 AM
i figured out from a friend that the house pattern is more medium than anything if not on the medium high side but I noticed it leaves dry spots as soon as the second game is that normal? by the way my friend is the pro shops son so he knows lol.

Strike Domination
07-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Yeah that's normal. Most bowling balls absorb lane oil so as the games progress the lanes will get drier. It depends on your stats but for medium oil I would get the Mutant Cell Pearl or Prodigy. These are strong pearls meant for medium or maybe a little more oil but since they are pearls they might be somewhat forgiving as the lanes dry out.

lakota_bowler127
07-26-2010, 07:29 AM
yeah i asked because by the 2nd game(we only play 3 games in league play) I'm actually trying to put revs on it, the hook doesn't come naturally, or is that a stamina thing considering the lanes are dryer?

Edit: I think my ball is drilled wrong so next time I'm taking it to a good friend that knows how to drill (last drill took 5 minutes, wrong spread etc., and was done by the "pro" shop)

crzysnake137
07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Mutant cell pearl, prodigy, or virtual energy will be a great choice for the conditions u describe, ive thrown some of my best games with a virtual energy, the ball reaction can just bring tears to my eyes how beautiful the motion is, it wasnt the ball of the year for nothing

bowlerdawg
07-29-2010, 11:43 PM
timebomb w/ polish would get it for me
really like what i'm seeing w/ this release

Stormed1
07-30-2010, 02:50 AM
got a chance to throw the 4.5 at the trade show last monday. I was very impressed with the overall reaction of thi9s piece. As mentioned above Mutant Cell Pearl and Prodigy are good choices although you may need to polish the Prodigy. AMF Shredder was long and very angular.

lakota_bowler127
08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
by the way as you could of guessed by now this ball isn't free I'm getting it from a league in fact were over paying but, me I'm not paying my parents are :) any way there is a b side but I'm going to list all of them just the ones that were suggested by a friend.

they are:

Ebonite Hardball
Ebonite Curvball
storm tropical heat

Ii don't think I"m a tweener anymore because i put a lot of revs on the my current ball and it comes back from the edge of the gutter and gets a strike sometimes but when i don't put a lot of revs on it, i either get a gutter or i hit low. please respond seen i have till Tuesday to get this in otherwise I'm picking the curve ball.

Strike Domination
08-08-2010, 04:49 AM
I don't educate myself on the Ebonite equipment but the Tropical Heat(Hybrid) is a great medium oil ball as long as you aren't speed dominant.

crzysnake137
08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
tropical heat, i havent herd anything good about the hard or curve ball

lakota_bowler127
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
let me list a few of my bowling problems to let u guys can get a benchmark.

1. I slide on my dominate side. (right hand right foot)
2. I tend to force the ball but i"m getting better.
3. I release the ball about a foot too early.

But I'm working on all this.

by the way speed dominate means a fast approach right?

Strike Domination
08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Speed Dominant means your revs are not matched to your speed in a way that the speed overpowers them. You can't truly know without knowing the numbers but you can make an educated guess.

lakota_bowler127
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I am most definitely speed dominant: anything on the op list that is useful for a speed dominant person, or do I have to change my style a bit?

Strike Domination
08-11-2010, 01:56 AM
I stick to the Mutant Cell Pearl(probably with the polish off) and Prodigy if you want something with a little angle. Then the Reign of Fire or Revolver if you want a smoother reaction.

Beech
08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Virtual Energy is a great piece to have i love it, i can even throw it on some pba shots and bowl on it with dry lanes so it for me is an all around good ball :D shot a another 279 with it

crzysnake137
08-22-2010, 02:37 AM
well if u are speed dominant, i would probably recomend either the virtual energy, prodigy, or even a invasion or virtual gravity, anything a little more stronger will work for u

xdout
08-30-2010, 12:37 AM
my suggestion would be the track 715c, i like the way it reacts on all lane conditions..

Stormed1
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
do you have an idea of your actual ball speed? The amount of speed will come into play when selecting a ball with greater speed requiring more surface to slow the ball down so it can enter the hook phase of it's ball motion