PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England!

BaconLad
07-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi,

I'm Wayne from Manchester - England.

I'm a big fan of Justin Lee Collins, (comedian from Bristol) last year he did 5 programs on SKY1 where he would attempt to become professional at certain things, in one he was a Wrestler, a High Diver in another and of course in the best one (mentored by Carmen Salvino) he was a TENPIN BOWLER!!!

After watching this I realised that Bowling is as much an art form as it is a skill and could not wait to get to go and try it out.

10 months on, I'm still hooked! In fact I'd go one further and say I'm absolutely obsessed!!!

WAC4504
07-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Well Wayne, I guess you've figured out by now that bowling is an addiction, not just a hobby, but there are a lot worse things we could be addicted to. By the way welcome to the boards, it's great to have you.

Big Dog
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the board. I have tried to kick my bowling addiction. But, it just makes my foot hurt. But,I digress. I went bowling for the first time at 11 years old. I started early. I no longer have control over this malady. I tried a 12 step program,but kept fowling out. Allright, I hear the groans and moans from the peanut gallery.

WAC4504
07-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah but you're right Big Dog, it's a hard habit to kick, in more ways than one.

Big Dog
07-30-2010, 10:07 PM
I know, I gave various other vices for bowling. My ex wifes will attest to that. Yes, I said wives. Some people rotate tires,I seem to rotate wives. Believe me when I say it is cheaper to rotate tires.

BaconLad
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I know, I gave various other vices for bowling. My ex wifes will attest to that. Yes, I said wives. Some people rotate tires,I seem to rotate wives. Believe me when I say it is cheaper to rotate tires.

Hey, did you ever have a wife say to you "you care more about that bowling ball than me" or "you show that ball more attention than me" ? I get it all the time lol. :D

Big Dog
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I have had experience in this. Remember,you need to show her how important she is. Let her carry you balls into the bowling center. Remember though to get them back. Ex wife 2 tried to take mine with her,I objected most strenously . Get her involved with the sport. She might see the fun to be had. Then again, she might not let you out of the house. Depends on how much fun you have been having. You could tell her that you need her. Like a personal assistant. You know, get me a beer please. Honey,wipe down my balls for the second round. This is a family sport. If I can help you in anyway, let me know. Oh, then again I may not have the best track record on this subject. I think Ill stick to bowling. I still have my balls.:p

kev3inp
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Bowling can become a way of life. We arrange our vacations around and for bowling. We just came back from our fifth Gathering of bowlers in NC. Then it was off to Tampa to work with the guy from NC, Ron Clifton. Great coach and great guy. You may have read his articles in BTM. Our friends from England won't be coming over this year after all, but there will still be a little get together in Florida this autumn.