PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the sport after over 12 years

haywardmike
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Ex PBA card holder returning to the sport after 12 years due to a rotator cuff tear. 44 years old now but have not forgotten the game and how it has changed, which brings up my new style of bowling..... Used to have success as an amateur but had lots of problems with thumb hanging in the ball, even if I had a negative pitch for easy release. Now I have adopted a new style which is "thumbless, ala Mike Miller", making my practice sessions a lot more easier, higher scoring on house shots and I have more ball speed and revolutions than when I bowled with my thumb in the ball. Only thing is trying to "tame" the new equipment nowadays in order to have a much less aggressive ball reaction. I'm currently using an Ultimate Inferno and Elite Black Label, both of which are very aggressive, especially when the lane breaks down. I'd like to find a basic urethane ball with a coverstock like my Rhino Pros from the past..... I've also bowled with Brunswick/Revolution/Quantum/Elite products since I've started bowling and always feel comfortable with the brand. Any suggestions?