PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Here's my intro from Facebook for BowlingBoards.com

haywardmike
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM
THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 12

Righty or lefty?: Ambidextrous, but higher average from bowling righty.

What's your average?: 190

Do you own your own ball?: Three (Brunswick T-Zone, Brunswick Ultimate Inferno, Elite Black Label)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time?: Walter Ray Williams Jr. (also a toughest opponent when he bowled in the PBA Western Region before he moved to Florida)

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)?: Not yet. Still recovering from rotator cuff tears which ended my being able to bowl in the PBA regional program as a guest back in 1991, and had a very short PBA membership when injured after receiving my card.

What's your favorite bowling alley?: Manor Bowl, San Leandro, CA

How about your LEAST favorite?: Any Military Installation Bowling Center

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights?: Yes. The distraction is good for building my focus on my game.

How about with music playing?: No problem

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl?: No.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split?: No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Seven times

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: About 17 times while bowling as a guest in PBA Regional competition and about 20 as an observer when watching live PBA tournaments.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Amateur level house tournaments

Do you watch bowling on TV?: All the time

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Bowled in PBA National Tour tournaments in my regional area over 20 years ago as a guest, but never made it even close.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Only for fun and I never compete.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Thumb caught up in ball and it was delivered 3/4's the way down the lane during Jr. High School league.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300, seven times

The lowest?: 117

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 802

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Never

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: About five, in the past.....

Who won?: League partners but of course, we each won end of league sweepers individually.....

Can you hook the ball?: Very versatile with huge hook down to basic straight "down and in" delivery.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Semi fingertip grip, but bowl with "Mike Miller" delivery of only two fingers for both first shots and spares.

Ever left without paying?: Never

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Have own bowling shoes.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Very easy, even with a two finger delivery.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Always want to go bowling.....