PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new ball

erinmt24
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I currently throw the scorchin inferno bowling ball. It is getting old and the hook is just not there for me anymore. I like the gradual arc but am looking for some hook. I have been bowling for years a solid 180 average. I have been looking at the tropical heat and the brunswick swarm. Any suggestions? I don't know much about bowling balls and all the coverstocks and stuff. Any help appreciated!
thanks
Erin

Big Dog
08-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I have used a lot of brands over the years and Columbia has worked the best for me. Today, there are so many good balls on the market. Go to the proshop and talk with the guy. Get on google, their are video ball reviews. Not all are company sales pitchs. Good luck and good bowling.

bowlerdawg
08-02-2010, 10:42 PM
i would bet if you removed the oil, and put some surface back on the inferno, it would be good as new.
actually pulled my old schorin out tonight, 1st time in years to see how it faired at this new house, but just in the short ride over it started sweating out oil, so i need to do as i recommended to you to mine. it's been 2 years since i used it last, but still rolled true, and hit great

erinmt24
08-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I did remove oil in the machine and gritted it down. Gonna use it more as a spare ball. It works pretty decent still hanging a lot of 10 pins though and wierd splits last year. Ended up buying the wild thing so guess we will see. Hope it is not to much of a ball for me but I am pretty skilled in bowling should be alright.

Strike Domination
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I would say the WILD CARD would have been more like the Scorchin' Inferno but stronger since the SI is oil soaked. The Wild Thing is more snappy and the Card has that arc you mentioned. But maybe you will like the Wild Thing anyways.