PDA

View Full Version : a few questions...

scoobydoo6906
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM
So I am pretty new to bowling and I have a few equipment related questions. I have a columbia 300 freeze and I am looking for a ball to use on heavy oil patterns. I am thinking of the pure physics by columbia anybody have any thoughts on that ball? My questions are really more about drilling... I have read about mo pinel's dual angle drilling system and it seems to be the ticket being it taylors the ball to the user more so. So does it make that big of a difference? Of course the drillers skill will come into play I realize this. I live in the portland oregon area and if I descide to have it drill with the dual angle method where or who would you take it to tobe set up and drilled?

Chris2game
08-16-2010, 12:31 AM
If you want to stay with Columbia 300, the pure physics isn't a bad choice for heavy oil. You could also look at the bedlam line as well. As for the drilling, I don't anything about that system of drilling. But as for the layout you could go with a standard leverage drilling (which any pro shop will be able to provide for you). I would recommend talking to your pro shop owner and explain to him what you are looking for. They should be able to give you what you are looking for.

Hope this helps!
-Chris

Big Dog
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I have used Columbia balls for a long time. I have tried others and keep coming back. He is right about the Bedlams. I have seen them used in some competitive summer leagues with tough shots. Good luck and good bowling