PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-Thane Element Vs. Tropical Storm

aithein
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I have been bowling with a Dyno-Thane Element drilled out for fingertip bowling for about a year and a half. I bowl at about 16-18mph, using a 16lb ball, and have just a slight hook. Someone gave me their old Tropical Storm and I was wondering if I should even consider getting it re-drilled?

Here's the specs I've been able to track down

Dyno-Thane Element
RG is 2.54
Diff is .058
Flare Potential is 7" Plus
the polish on it is kinda medium for lack of better words....its not glossy but its not rough.

Tropical Storm
RG is 2.6
Diff is .035
Flare Potential is 2" to 3"
This has a high gloss to it.

So what do you guys think? Stick with the Element? Or go drop about 75bux on getting the Storm re-drilled?

DanielMareina
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
$75 dollars is what they charge in your area to plug and redrill a ball? Ouch! I charge no more than $40 for that. I think it is a good idea to have a selection of bowling balls, not just one, but you can buy a brand new tropical storm in my area for 125. I wouldn't pay $75 to redrill a ball that is barely worth that much new. I would save that $75 and put it toward a new ball later on when you find one you really want, and that will be a good step up from what you got. The tropical is an entry level ball, and definately not worth $75 to have a used one with plug on the coverstock and having to put even more holes in the core than are already there.