PDA

View Full Version : I must be crazy.

fatski
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I have been throwing the same ball since 1999, a columbia 300 hammer 4-d.
I never want to get a new ball.
Is something wrong with me?
I think its the guy throwing the ball, not the ball.

J Anderson
09-01-2010, 06:36 PM
One vote for not crazy.
If you bowl mainly in one center, or mostly on the same conditions, you only need on ball. That is of course if you can make the corner pins most of the time. Its when you bowl on a lot of different conditions that you need an arsenal.

Big Dog
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
The only reason I have the balls that I do is the different conditions I bowl on. I remember when(I am old) if you carried two balls it was to show off.

fatski
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
i have switch house about every two or three years
and my scores are about the same everywhere

Big Dog
09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I switch houses occasionaly for new scenery. I still though bowl my wednesday league. I have too many friends and acquaintances in that league. Changing house does help with adapting.

Stormed1
09-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Just a quick question. Which do you have? A Columbia ball or a Faball Hammer? Columbia did not make the 4-D ,Faball did.

As mentioned above, if you only bowl in one center and on a house wall you can get away with one or two balls. If you bowl multiple centers and more than the hoiuse shot ,such as sport patterns you need more than one.Can you bowl everywhere with only one ball? Sure you can but you wonn't be able to score well everywhere with just one

kev3inp
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Maybe not crazy. Shall we say "frugal," perhaps? Look for an open house or demo days in your local area and take something for a test roll. You may be surprised.