PDA

View Full Version : Storm Prodigy Ball Review

STRMBWLRJK
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Layout: 60X40 dual angle with a 4 1/2" pin
PAP: 5 3/4 left, 1/8 up
Hand: left
Rev Rate: 400+

I have thrown this ball with a lot of success so far on just about any condition I have encountered. I have used it on a few different house patterns, the 44' Shark pattern, the 42' Scorpion pattern, the 40' Chameleon pattern, and the 37' Viper pattern. On the house patterns it rolled fairly early for me and gave me a smooth, arcing backend motion which allowed me to change the entry angle by using a few different hand positions. On the Shark it stored more energy for the backend and I was able to get just enough finish out of it to carry pretty well, but it really matched up to the Scorpion and Chameleon patterns better. On the scorpion it gave me a similar motion to what I was getting on house patterns, just a little later finish but that allowed me to play straighter a little easier and when I did that I was allowed a lot of room
for error. On both the Shark and Scorpion I was getting a stronger backend motion because the ball was storing more energy for the backend since the patterns were a little longer. On the Chameleon pattern, it rolled a little earlier and started trying to smooth out and roll on the backend a little quicker, which was perfect for me to really control my break point on that pattern. Finally, on the Viper pattern the ball rolled even sooner and tried to roll out more on the backend which allowed me to play a little more direct when it was fresh and not worry so much about it over-hooking since that pattern is a little shorter, and when I decided to move in a little more it allowed me to open up the lane but still with a smooth, controllable motion. Overall, it seems to be matching up well on just about everything for me and has become the
first ball out of my bag most of the time now. I would compare it to an Invasion probably, just not quite as early and just an overall stronger ball. It is still earlier than the Virtual Gravity though, which has been one of my favorite balls since it was released, which allows me to drop to the Virtual Gravity when the Prodigy becomes too strong. However, even though the Prodigy is earlier rolling, I have still been able to clear the heads pretty easily on just about everything I have been on with it.

The Prodigy is simply an outstanding bowling ball! It is very versatile and still at a pretty affordable price point as well. The Prodigy is definitely a great choice for any bowler!

Jake Washington
Storm Amateur Staff Member