PDA

View Full Version : plugging and redrilling reactive balls

scoobydoo6906
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
So quick question...I am thinking about buying a used ball that has been drilled and most likely it would need to be redrilled for me. So my question is how if any does this affect ball performace? It will very a bit I'm sure but just in general.

Big Dog
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
A good pro shop can do it. Have them check the cover stock for damage. I have had several done that way. Saved me a lot of money. Somebody trying to buy a game and when it did not happen try to get rid of the ball. There is always someone on the lanes that does this. I have bought some good equipment and traded for others. Good luck.

DanielMareina
09-13-2010, 12:16 PM
For the most part, redrilling a ball once won't affect the performance a noticable amount. More than once, and you begin to put too many holes in the core. The main thing to remember is that if the ball is going to roll over where the ball was plugged, it won't grip the same as the original coverstock. Best case scenerio, you drill close to where the fingers and thumb already were or to the track side of them so you won't roll over the plug at all. Good luck!