PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Portland Oregon

Barry06GT
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi All,

Name is Barry. New to bowling. For the past two years I have been involved in the sport of powerlifting. It was fun but now that the clock has ticked over fifty, my doctor has asked me to stop trying to kill myself and do something sane and fun.

A new bowling center opened a mile from my house, so there I found myself.

Talked to the pro, bought a ball and shoes from his store. Purchased lessons from him, and joined a league. So for the next 30 weeks or so, I guess I am fully committed to making this work.

Oh, and as a bonus, somehow talked my wife of 26 years into to joining me.

Gosh, I have so much to learn! My current avg is 97 (!?) :o

So getting better is the goal, that, and having a blast with the beer league I joined. League people are full of information, and a great group to hang with!

Hope to learn much at this site!

If you got this far, thank you! :)

Big Dog
09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Congrats on making it to fifty. I know the feeling. I hope you and your wife enjoy the leagues and what they have to offer. Some league friends have become close and personal friends over the years. If there is any way I can help, let me know.

WAC4504
09-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Sounds like you're doing it the right way by taking lessons right off the bat, I waited a year and had to unlearn bad habits. So stick with the lessons and have fun while you learn. One bit of advise I'd offer you is to remember that a Husband can't teach a wife anything, so let the coach it. And it's great to have you with us on the boards where all questions have answers.