PDA

View Full Version : I need guideance.

wseidl515
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I need some serious help and guideance. I had not picked up a bowling ball since 1995, until earlier this year. I posted a thread asking for some equipment help. Just to touch on that a little. I was throwing an AMF Cobra and a Yellow dot. I went to my local pro shop and asked for there opinion based on my shot and the ball's that I had. They talked me into a Track 715C. I am not sure of the new drilling with the new reactive ball so I have no Idea how it is drilled. All I know is that I am struggling bad with this new ball. I am almost to the point to where I want to go back to my dead Cobra. I start on the middle dot and throw over the second arrow. I have a consistant release and speed but the reaction of the ball is not consistant at all. It will hit the 1-3 pocket hard one time and the next it will go Brooklyn. one tiem it will lay flat and the next it will dig hard. I have tryed polishing the ball to get more length, I have tried moving left to pick up more oil in the heads and mids. i dont like throwing this shot because of the consistancy issue. Is this something that I am just going to have to learn to do?
:confused:

gparks
09-16-2010, 11:09 PM
sounds just like me 3 years ago... it is tough for us old guys coming back.
the lanes have changed,balls have totaly fliped. i used to play that line but these days i've had to open up and go inside/out to get to the pocket. in 3 years i've picked up 12 or more balls and still dont have that *one* i dont know if it's me or the gear or the lanes.

i feel like my physical game is the same,but my mental crap just is'nt there.i'd say try a totaly different ball from the track see what shape and look u get.keep your chin up and go from there. big thing is have fun and maybe try the old stuff if you find a line with it tear that crap up bud.see alot of guys do well with old stuff.good luck and keep bowling :)