PDA

View Full Version : What woulb be your choice?

v33dubfox
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi. My father changes bowling balls often. So, there is a kind of collection at home. I am a stroker, with low RPM and medium speed. I am a left hand bowler, like my father, so the balls are drilled the same way. He give me the choice between the Storm Natural (drilled pattern #4) and a Brunswick Wild Card. I know that it's not the same type of ball, but considering I am almost always playing on medium oil do almost dry lanes (playing at 9pm), which one would be the best choice? I don't need a lot of curve since I have never been able to give a lot of RPMs.

Thanks

PS: I currently play with a Storm Jolt.

Big Dog
09-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Personal prejudice is going to get me to name the Storm ball as the one to go with. I personally do not like Brunswick products. Storm has a long history of hook. Even when others would not. Go with the Storm. By the way I use Columbia 300 products.

v33dubfox
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM
As I don't have a lot of RPMs, I am scared that the Natural would not hook... I would prefer the ball being drilled with layout #3 which is the best for low RPMs, but I don't have the pin-CG distance for that.

v33dubfox
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
I finally stopped my choice at the Brunswick Wild Card. The main reason why I made that choice is that the Brunswick has more hook, meaning that the Storm would almost not hook at all because I don't have a lot of revs.

Now, the question remaining is how should it be drilled? Considering that I am a medium speed, low revs player, with my PAP is 4 1/4 over and 5/8 up from my center of grip. What would you suggest me from the layouts presented here:
http://www.bowlingball.com/brunswick-wild-card-bowling-ball.html?lf=search#tab6

If I ask you that question, it's because I know that the pro shop guy will drill it the same way as if I were a stroker with high rev and high speed. The last time I got one of my father's ball re-drilled for me, he only re-drilled the thumb to adapt it for my span. If you need to, I could place a picture of the way my actual Storm Jolt is drilled, and the way the Wild Card of my father is drilled.

Thank you so much for your help!

v33dubfox
09-28-2010, 11:11 PM
I went bowling in tonight's league and finally decided to wait before anything. Il will begin to shoot correctly and more often at the same place. Changing ball won't resolve my real problem... being consistant!

Beech
10-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Thats a big thing is being consistant, im in the middle of going from stroker style of play to almost a cranker style of play ganna say tweener atm but could get into cranker but for that question the natural is a urathane ball and is better for dryer lanes and will hook on them but sense you made your choice, like big dog i dont use brunswick, i use storm / hammer, good luck with the wild card.