PDA

View Full Version : Does it impress you?

Ticker
09-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Does it impress you when people brag about the scores they shot with this ball or that ball? Does it really make the ball, or the bowler, sound better in your opinion?
Do you buy equipment because all the heavy hitters in your area have one, are because you see a pro on t.v. use it with sucess?

I am NOT influenced by anyone I see using any type of equipment, or putting big scores up with one such ball or another ball. IMO it doesn't matter what is popular, it is what works for you. Also I think it is utterly stupid to say ' I was {insert ball name} and shot 750' that tells me nothing other than you shot okay on one night. Tell me about what a ball does on the lane give me specifics.

I do not buy gear because it the next big thing or because a pro is using it, buy stuff that works for me not for anyone else.

zman
09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
When I want a new ball I usually go to the Pro shop to get some recommendations.

liowkc
09-14-2008, 04:53 AM
I am never impressed with bowlers that claim to have high scores or display flashy equipment. I admire bowlers that are humble and dedicated to their craft.