PDA

View Full Version : roto grip?'s

Majick_Ninja
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Ok so I thought about it and where I already have a roto grip cell I love so much I think I'm gonna go with roto grip does anybody have experience with the nomad pearl or the grenade are these good balls are they worth buying

ffemtreed
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I use my friends grenade during open bowling when the lanes are dry. Very good ball for that. When there is a lot of oil on the lanes the grenade just seems to slide down the lane and slowly arc to the pocket, it just hits the pins instead of smashing them like most other modern balls. Of course the grenade is a urethane ball, not a reactive resin like 98% of today's balls.

If you play in a house with old wooden lanes the grenade would excel!

Jotun
12-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Both balls are worth buying depending on what you are looking for. The Nomad Pearl has become the most versatile ball in my bag. The only time that I don't use it is on very dry lanes. The ball can be thrown with virtually any style on anything from light to med/heavy oil and will be very forgiving.

The Grenade is a great light/med oil ball.

DanielMareina
12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
The grenade is a Urethane ball. I wouldn't recommend that ball for most people. It is a great ball, but is meant for high rev bowlers, short oil patterns, or burnt up lanes. The Nomad is a great ball! It is very versitile and good smooth ball reaction. I would suggest looking into a Storm Reign Supreme also. Storm and Roto Grip are the same company, and the Reign Supreme is the best ball I own for house shots. I own 15 balls, and the Storm Reign Supreme is my first choice each week in league. If you bowl on a house pattern, I strongly suggest this ball.

andrewlytton
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
My favorite RotoGrip ball is the CellPearl hands down mine goes long and snaps hard at the end for a consistent shot