PDA

View Full Version : help newbi

mike6562
10-09-2010, 02:55 PM
well i have been bowling for a year now. i throw a straight ball. im looking into getting a ball that i can start hooking the ball. so is there a beginners hooking ball out there

J Anderson
10-09-2010, 08:56 PM
well i have been bowling for a year now. i throw a straight ball. im looking into getting a ball that i can start hooking the ball. so is there a beginners hooking ball out there

Generally speaking an entry level reactive resin ball with a symmetrical core would be ideal for learning how to throw a hook. Asymmetric cores tend to hook even when not released right. Symmetric will let you know right away if you did it right.

mike6562
10-10-2010, 04:13 PM
so any balls that you would recommend

Big Dog
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Check with your proshop. Just about all the major brands have entry level balls. Brunswick,Ebonite,Storm all have balls in their brands that will help get in the swing of things. Good luck. If I can help more let me know.

mike6562
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
yeah im going to the pro shop today to talk to him. im looking at a storm natural would tht be a good beginner hook ball

Big Dog
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
The proshop needs to watch you bowl. There are several things that have to be determined before you fit a ball for someone. It is not like the old days where if you could get to a drill press, you could drill a ball. Now, with different cores and coverstocks everywhere, it is a lot more specialized. Patience. Try to learn everything you can about equipment. I am an old man, still learning though. There are several videos on the internet and books you can read to increase your knowledge. You never stop learning. I started bowling in 1971. Yes, they had bowling back then. The changes since then have been incredible. Something new everytime you turn around. Good luck.