PDA

View Full Version : Grenade

cmsubowler
10-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Retrothane coverstock is a hit. The grenade is a great ball for lighter oil patterns and dryer areas to the outside part of the lane. The photon core that has been so successful in the Dark Star and Riot is exactly what the coverstock needed to excel in this newly reintroduced urethane market. It allows the ball to drive through the pins and maintain its entry angle even after deflection occurs from the pins. Entry angle is still created from playing a more outside line and the balls breakpoint is more towards the middle of the lane (30 to 35 foot mark)

This ball takes extremely well to surface changes allowing for players of many styles to enjoy. Anyone who wants to play up the boards and near the outside part of the lane as it starts to breakdown will enjoy using this ball most. Players with a higher rev rate will enjoy the controllable motion of this urethane cover and also the power created by the photon core. Whether or not your using this ball as your spare of dry lane ball, you will love the predictable move and controllable motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihCGi1OG18

mred2u
10-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Drilled this ball with a stand by drill for me 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 pin under fingers.
This ball does what it is advertised to do. It is very controllable on drier lanes. With the core carry will not be a problem. IT is a great mix of old school and new era. A must for any tournament bowler or any on that needs extra control on drier or short patterns
--------------------
Ed Riffle
Roto Grip Advisory Staff

Bucko the Bowler
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Grenade – (with the pin up between fingers) Specs 5x4 3” buffer 60x5x40 (dual angle)
This ball is very weak and has a really good mid lane read. It does not overreact on wet/dry conditions but it is oil sensitive. This ball works best on dryer lanes and is very smooth and predictable when lanes are broken down and all your other bowling balls are hooking way too much. This ball works well on wood or synthetic lanes and sport patterns. It will allow you to work closer to the pocket without over hooking it to the head pin.
Grenade – (with the pin on the axis) Specs 3x5 2” buffer 110x3x40 (dual angle)
With these specs the ball has a little more mid lane roll and a little less back end. It works even better on dryer lanes and has more of an arc shape reaction. I used this layout at the USBC Nationals in Reno and it kept me out of trouble on tougher lane conditions. I would recommend this ball for all high rev. players looking for something that is straighter and smoother than anything they have ever thrown.