PDA

View Full Version : new bolwer from southern missouri

lucky strike
10-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey guy and gals,

I just got into bowling about 6 months ago and I'm loving every bit of it. I'm 29 and wished I started alot earlier than what i did, but I guess it's better late than never. I'm looking foward to making new friends here and learning more about this great sport.

WAC4504
10-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Well Lucky, look on the bright side, at least you're only 29, I didn't start till I was 47, and I I'm 50 now. With only 6 months under your belt you might want to look at getting some lessons, they make a world of difference. Not that it's any of my business, but when I stared lessons a year ago it took longer to unlearn bad habits then anything else, and it's still an on going battle. The other thing is that the people I used to think were good bowlers are now looking up to me, a friend of mine on league is now taking lessons because he's seen what they have done for me,and my son ,and my wife. I used to look up to him, and he still holds steady at 170 - 175, now I'm 195 - 198, with two 700's this year. Not to mention the friends of mine that started lessons as soon as they bought their ball are ahead of my, and they haven't been bowling a year yet. Just a little advise, the bottom line is to have fun, and a friend of mine always reminds me that winners have moor fun than losers. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.