PDA

View Full Version : hello from vegas!!

chad_k
10-14-2010, 05:22 PM
hi there, i use a storm el nino gold, about 10 yrs old, tho i did find the el nino x-it in my storage, never been drilled. gonna drill it up since in my first league in 7 years, my gold started to crack between the fingertips.

actually did decent in my leage, a no tap league. started off slow since my arm was dead by the 3rd game the first couple of weeks. but ended up with a 227 average.

found the site while researching new balls, as to which i am getting, probably not going to since i found the x-it, at least for the time being.

tho i have no idea on technical terms as it come to drilling, had an excellent driller, who i wish wasnt retired. but left the pro shop business to coach a national team, think it was the malaysian team about 10 yrs ago.

if i had to guess which style i am, i would guess stroker, tho a little confused on that one.

if i have any further questions, i will ask away!!!

sorry if my post is a confusing, i tend to ramble in them

WAC4504
10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the boards Chad, look forward to hearing how things are working out.

chad_k
10-20-2010, 02:58 AM
well the wife got me a storm prodigy for my birthday, so i held off on getting the x-it drilled. so far i have bowled 2 games with it, nothing serious, just getting the feel of it, and throwing different lines to see how it reacted. bowled a 175 and 210. the first game just thowing it to see how much broke and all that, got a little serious the 2nd game and was doing awesome until the last 2 frames, splits both frames,

this thursday is the first night of league bowing for the fall/winter, will see how things go when the lanes are actually oiled

WAC4504
10-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Sounds good Chad, Every one I know that has a Prodigy loves it so looks like you have a great ball. Now you need a Med. - Light oil ball, and a spare ball and you'll be all set. Glad to see your wife is interested in bowling, it makes life a lot easier.

chad_k
10-22-2010, 10:44 AM
last night was the first night of bowling, bowled a 182,206, and 189 for a 577 series. i will be taking the ball back into the shop too get the span fixed, seems to be long. will get it fixed and go from there.

chad_k
11-21-2010, 08:45 AM
well i took the ball in, went to different proshop than when i bought the ball, wasnt too happy with them, and a bowler recommended another shop, so i checked them out. he looked at the ball and asked where i stood, and what mark i used, and he made some suggested layouts, when he noticed the ball had a crack going almost all the way around the finger holes. i only bowled 5 games, and was using my old ball due to the span or bevel being wrong on the prodigy. so he contacted storm, and i recieved the new ball last thursday morning.

the new ball fits better than the ball i have been using, el nino gold. totally threw me out of whack, loved how fit my hand. but had to adjust to it, so i bowled 100 pins below average that night, a 495. but figured it out in the last game. so i am looking forward to my next league night after thanksgiving.

happy thanksgiving all