PDA

View Full Version : plugging bowling ball

woohoo19
10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
if i happened to get a right handed ball and had to get it replugged and drilled left handed would that effect anything on how the ball reacts?

Big Dog
10-24-2010, 10:54 AM
NO, not if the pro shop does the proper job. When a ball is plugged they try to balance the ball back to factory as best they can. It is also a good idea to sometimes have it resurfaced at the same time because of the previous ball track. Remember it is on the other side of where you need it. Good luck.

Unclesalty
10-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Many times the initial drilling goes deep enough to remove part of the core. If thats the case then the dynamics of the ball have to have changed. Now, whether or not it is enough to make the ball react differently, there have been many many arguments. The plug is not made of the same material as the core or the original cover(in most cases) and as such, is not the same density. So the rg/diff and the total weight of the ball will be different from the original.

IMO if your track does not go over the plugs you should be just fine. I have a plugged ball myself and it works great.

DanielMareina
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I agree with the post above me. Basically, if you don't roll over the track, you won't notice the difference. Most people won't notice any difference in ball reaction if it is only plugged once. The ball dynamics will change, but since you didn't bowl with the ball before, it will be all new to you anyway. Usually, when I plug a ball, I will resurface the ball anyway to make sure that the plug is as smooth as possible with the rest of the ball surface.